New section rule!

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
OK guys, We have been thinking of ways to have serious discussions without the flaming. Some members would like it and so would the staff.

Creating a seperate section in roadside is out of the question so here we go,

This will now be treated the same way as the Donut Shop section when an OP ask for Leo's only replies.

If the OP starts a thread and the title looks something like this,

"What do you think of" (Serious discussion only) or (No flames) then that is the way it will be.

Some of you may not like it but we WILL try it and see how it goes.

If the rules are broken it will result in and infraction or temp ban depending on seriousness of the flame/insult just as if you had posted in another part of the site.

Enforcement may be a little lax initially to give time to get used to it but don't expect it to last too long.

I would prefer if you regulars check into this thread so I know you read it but do not expect that not doing so gives you an "I didn't know" out.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i like it, but i think NFL threads should be an exception to the rule. i mean, how can you have an NFL thread without some flaming? especially with CSD involved:D

Planter

Banned
dislike. this is in smackdown, these rules are blasphemy.

please note for the record I will obey under protest.

vlcsnap-2011-02-04-23h32m57s163.png

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Waits for CSD to start the "Giants greatest ever (serious discussion only)" thread :D

sounds fair. sounds reasonable. i will abide by it

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
dislike. this is in smackdown, these rules are blasphemy.

please note for the record I will obey under protest.

vlcsnap-2011-02-04-23h32m57s163.png

That was part of our problem.

Some do want a serious discussion but to create a copy of this section in roadside?

2 sections for the same topic.
If a good thread would have been started there and shit starts then what? Just move it to this one?

Nope,
This is the easiest way we can think of for the staff to deal with it.

Note: It will be dealt with. Don't think if 20 people start flaming before we catch it that it will be OK.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Meh, i will do my best to abide.

Takes the fun out of busting peoples balls about certain things.

mysterio

Established Member
Stampede, can this feature be abused? Meaning, can someone who is getting flamed about their team/city, for example, go backwards and edit their thread topic to then say (no flaming) ?

CSD

Banned
i like it, but i think NFL threads should be an exception to the rule. i mean, how can you have an NFL thread without some flaming? especially with CSD involved:D

Agreed. While some of the NFL threads do get heated, at the end of the day it's all in good fun. Same goes for the MLB thread that goes all season. I call SVT-F150 an idiot all the time for the nonsense he spews, but I still like and respect the guy. Besides, a moderator wouldn't be able to keep up with that thread once the season starts.

Waits for CSD to start the "Giants greatest ever (serious discussion only)" thread :D

The Giants are one of the greatest teams ever. Glad we agree on that. :beer:

As for this new rule, I'm gonna take it with a grain of salt. There will be serious threads with one or two stupid posts that Barry will take care of, but there will also be MLB and NFL threads that I'm sure he will be more lax with because of the amount of posts and higher level of discussion.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Eeeh.... I'll play by the rules, but I dont see this working.

A lot of new people are going to come into SD thinking this is the place to go if you want to e-bitch slap someone, which under normal circumstances, this is the place to do it without getting in banned or points. I can see it now... Some new guy comes in and says "The giants ****ing blow! And so do the Yankees!"... Then that pisses someone else off, and then it gets into a normal SD thread where everyone is making fun of eachother.

I thought the whole point of SD was to make call outs and insult other members without getting banned for it. I never come into SD expecting to learn something constructive or useful. Whenever I created a thread here, I created it knowing people could say whatever they wanted, good or bad, and have fun with it regardless. I dont see ANYONE wanting a insult free and 100% constructive thread about sports here.

I think this would be better in RSP. Simply because I think if people wanted serious sports discussions only, its going to be impossible here for the reason above, and it goes against everything SD is about. Just my $.02. Eitherway, I'll follow the guidelines, but I think the mods are going to be busy here If this is going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread