New! Rosen Factory style up top Nav radio Link inside.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
I'm going to buck the trend here and give a marginal thumbs down. Looks a little Wal-mart-ish to me. The way the bottom half indents and doesn't flow looks cheap. The nav screen is really small. Both characteristics scream "I'm trying to look OEM, but I'm not." And that's worse than just appearing aftermarket.

Once a few members buy it and throw up pictures, I might be convinced. So, mind remains open on it :)

downwardspiral

Hammerhead
Established Member
I'm going to buck the trend here and give a marginal thumbs down. Looks a little Wal-mart-ish to me. The way the bottom half indents and doesn't flow looks cheap. The nav screen is really small. Both characteristics scream "I'm trying to look OEM, but I'm not." And that's worse than just appearing aftermarket.

Once a few members buy it and throw up pictures, I might be convinced. So, mind remains open on it :)

I think it looks good.. especially for the price!

slidai

Established Member
Wow that really looks like it belongs in there! The dials/buttons looks OEM. I'd pay $605 for that NAV/Radio package.

I don't know what you all are smoking but all these aftermarket navi systems look like shit.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Just remember that you get what you pay for with Rosen product. I have sold these over the years (always for new car dealers) for many other models and almost always a warantee issue. The late model f-150 unit w Sync has been out for a while now and we all thought it was going to be the end all of upgrades but they look cheap and Sync issues. The Toyota models look very oem and customers dont even know they are aftermarket but out of every 6 we do, we live with at least 2+.

The Rosen oem match headrest video kits are great however. We do a good amount of them as well. Just did a 13 Exploder on Friday. My Ford dealer pays $1800 installed and its a deal compared to the Ford kit. They never come back, look awesome, & they are bullett proof for quality. I would expect that the overseas manufacturer that builds the Navs for them is not the same supplier as the replacememt headrest line.

Just my 2 cents from an industry vetern. Take it for what it is worth.

Last edited:

acrbill

Established Member

I agree with you 100% but IMO this is just the beginning of the offering. I really like the Android setup that recently showed up but I would prefer the most recent Android OS and some sort of guarantee that it will work in an acceptable temperature range. This one looks meh at best and I am not familiar with its navigation OS.

kevinp

Established Member
looks like its just a display upgrade with a NAV and uses the stock knobs/buttons. They have a free version of the NAV software for the iPhone if you are curious, I dont think it looks that bad.

Wish someone would do the same thing with a 7-8" screen using Garmin NAV/maps. I dont need Android or a new radio, just a decent NAV and display of the stock Sync stuff would make me happy.

kingnut

Established Member
if you simply want navi this would be a feasible option. but for any kind of power user this wouldnt do. the android HU that was mentioned a couple days ago would still be a better option. any app on the PLAY market at your finger tips. hotspot your phone and it will update any widgets or apps realtime. android powered HU is the future.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
This is the one i really wana buy i love android
and this is 8" with internet wifi built in or 3g service
Ford Mustang 10-13 Hits Multimedia Android Navigation System | OttoNavi

Don't. I have that unit, and I am now returning it. The system construction is solid, and the concept is ideal. The issue is the software. A lot of bugs...I mean a lot. They are small bugs for sure, but enough to marw this product.

On a bright note though, I have spoken many times with the techs, and they are aware of the issue. I sent a video of the problems, expalining what was what, I believe in time they will solve the issues, and hash it out, but that time is not now.

Will it work ? Yes. But for the price, you would expect it to be polished and working correctly, not using work arounds. So for now I would say stay away. Hopefully they will get their software to catch up with the hardware, and then it would be a winner.

Users who are viewing this thread