New Ride

2007MustangGT

Established Member
About three months ago my 2007 Mustang GT got totaled by a distracted driver in a minivan:

2007%20Wrecked.jpg

This is what it looked like before the accident:

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

I put a lot of hard work and money into the car over a three year period. It only had 15K miles on it when it got totaled. The car was insured for an agreed value so I did ok on the insurance claim.

After buying it back from the insurance company and striping all of the performance parts I purchased a 2007 GT500 Convertible with 1,400 miles.

This is the way it looked two months ago when I purchased it:

IMG_0578.jpg

The way it looks today:

IMG_0752.jpg

On Black Friday I purchased a new 2014 GT500 blower, Kooks headers & catted h-pipe and a new McLeod RST twin disk clutch. Can't wait to install the new parts.

I hated to loose my Mustang GT but the benefit was getting a GT500. I should have bought one a long time ago. These cars have so much potential.

Thanks for looking...

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Sorry about your gt but you got a very nice upgrade. Congrats!

RSbeast

Established Member
Great looking 3v, such a shame.

Gt500 looks awesome now too though. I wish I had gotten a very; might still have my blown 06 otherwise.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
OP - that's a great looking car. Too bad about your GT but at least you weren't hurt. Great call on the agreed value policy.

RS - did you buy a set of 2007 GT500 wheels and tires from me a few years ago? Your screen name looks familiar.

RSbeast

Established Member
OP - that's a great looking car. Too bad about your GT but at least you weren't hurt. Great call on the agreed value policy.

RS - did you buy a set of 2007 GT500 wheels and tires from me a few years ago? Your screen name looks familiar.
Haha good memory! Yeah back when Steelcitystangs was still live. I assume you still have that gorgeous Sn95 cobra?

My 06 that wore those wheels left about 4yrs ago. Ended up with a WS6 I flipped then a c5 which I still have. Added a 69 stingray and a turbo sn95 so the stables are full these days heh.

P1010444.jpg

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
RS - Glad to hear that you still have a full garage and that my memory is still good! I sold the '94 Cobra about 4 years ago to help fund my '14 GT Track Pack. Miss the Cobra for sure but the '14 is such a better car all around. Also have my '66 coupe that is stroked and blown - sure makes the '14 feel slow! I recently picked up a clean CO '03 Focus SVT ZX3 with the EAP for a daily. Fun little car! And a '66 Toronado is in the garage waiting for an engine rebuild this winter. The addiction continues!

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Sorry to hijack but this is it I promise. RS - the Steel City Stangs site is now Steel City Muscle Cars. Stop by sometime - we try to have 2-3 track days every year. Lots of good guys and cool cars not far from you.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Glad your okay from the accident. Great looking gt500 and awesome upgrade! I see you have a thing for verts.

adidasUNT8

Established Member
yeah that TVS is going to wake it up like no ones business. Mine ran nicely and surprised quite a few people. I'm glad you took those hood stripes off. One recommendation: window tint!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry about the GT.
Nice Shelby. I like your touches on it a lot better. It looks great!
Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread