New ride :) - 2008 Roush P51 Mustang

DevilSun

Established Member
Very nice! Look into seeing if you can get the dual belt front engine/accessory drive system, or at least make sure you have the upgraded tensioner. :) Congrats on a very sweet ride

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
its basically a 540 hammer roush that they made in 2009 etc. My friend has a hammer and its nice, put out 500rwhp/tq stock.

Not the same.

The P51 was basically a Stage 3 with the addition of a built motor from Roush. Bodykit, Suspension, Brakes, full interior treatment...etc

The Hammer has the same basic powertrain and suspension as this previously released model, but stock appearing from the exterior.

OP, enjoy the car.

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
^^^thanks for clarifying that in regards to the Hammer....the P51 was the first Roush with the handbuilt, forged engine and also included the Stage 3 suspension....if I am not mistaken...lol

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
^^^thanks for clarifying that in regards to the Hammer....the P51 was the first Roush with the handbuilt, forged engine and also included the Stage 3 suspension....if I am not mistaken...lol

Yes, you are correct. It was the first S197 Roush with the built motor, and they continued the next year with another variant of the P-51 then into the Hammer car and Stage 3's if I am correct. You might have already known this, but I was responding the one guy who said it was basically the same as the Hammer car.

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
Nice....it'd look even better with the 20" 427r rims on it.

I am on the fence with those wheels....never was a huge fan of dubs on a Mustang, although some do look good nowadays...

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
did you have it at Carlisle last weekend? There was one identical to it that was in our hotel parking lot

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Nice buy! Sometimes the best deals fall right in your lap even when your waiting for something else.

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
No, we did not get a chance to bring it to Carlisle...we were supposed to pick it up Friday afternoon, but the transporter fell asleep at a rest stop.....lol.....then had a wedding Saturday afternoon, so we said screw it....will show it next year....I have only seen one or two since they came out, both in Ocean City at the spring cruise....

gabe1530

Banned
wow, i bet it screams. congrats on the purchase and what makes it better is the bond between father and son.

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
just an update bringing this thread back from the dead....entered a local show on Saturday with about 400+ cars and won the first time out....needless to say, Pops was happy, especially after we smoked an LS1 SS on the way home ;)

Users who are viewing this thread