New respect for LS1 cars>>

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
BayouVette said:
The fastest non-stock GTO (H/C/I/exhaust/drag radials) ran 12.81@108.

That seems like a horrible time.. imo for those mods on a ls1 even if its a boat..
\

It's the drivers. Most GTO owners are 1st time sports car owners or have never taken a car to a drag strip. I have been to a few goat gatherings and this is usually the case. You have the select few that know what the hell they are doing and can drive the car to its potential.

We got owners with the same mods listed above in the high 11s low 12s. We have FI cars in the 10s and 11s. Their owners can drive. I'm not the best drag racer but with a few bolt-ons I'm knocking on 12's door.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
Doc GTO said:
\

It's the drivers. Most GTO owners are 1st time sports car owners or have never taken a car to a drag strip. I have been to a few goat gatherings and this is usually the case. You have the select few that know what the hell they are doing and can drive the car to its potential.

We got owners with the same mods listed above in the high 11s low 12s. We have FI cars in the 10s and 11s. Their owners can drive. I'm not the best drag racer but with a few bolt-ons I'm knocking on 12's door.

man, i hate to say it, but from the angle of your sig pic, that thing looks like the last gen monte carlo :poke: . j/k, at least you put some sweet wheels on it. looks good. :thumbsup:

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
dfw99cobra said:
I've got respect for the power potential for sure. I'm actually quite partial to the look of the Trans Am.

I have to agree the Trans Am look a little better, but it was my brother's 98 Z-28 that caused the muscle car bug to bite me. And it bit me hard. His Z-28 was and now is again a monster.

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
The Gen III series is really catching on..It's amazing where this engine is in terms of parts availabilty & it's responsivness to modifications..
It's turned out to be a great engine swap & is making it's way into more engine bays..
They've gone so far as to backdate induction & ignition systems.

Users who are viewing this thread