New PSA - Don't go to the ocean

TheShadow

Hey, you're a funny guy.
Established Member
Just saw this and still LMFAO. I'd give this lady a hug if I could. Enjoy.

[video=youtube;11K8RRj8w-M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11K8RRj8w-M[/video]

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I'm heading to Nags Head in three weeks. I'm definitely staying out of the ocean, it the pool or me.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
How I imagined 01cobravtacs mom.

LMAO, thought the same shit

Seriously though **** the sharks is this chick making that video while driving?! Lord Jesus I kept waiting for the airbag to go off mid rant, see what that would do for her spirit. "I want you to be safe, I want you to be happy, let's use some common sense" *BOOM!* airbag.

Last edited:

ROMM

Established Member
Much greater odds of getting killed while merely driving than getting killed by a shark. And then you are gonna make a selfie video WHILE driving to stack the odds even higher? Sheeesh

"The odds of getting attacked and killed by a shark are 1 in 3,748,067. In a lifetime, you are more likely to die from fireworks (1 in 340,733), lightning (1 in 79,746), drowning (1 in 1,134), a car accident (1 in 84), stroke (1 in 24), or heart disease (1 in 5)."

http://www.thewildlifemuseum.org/exhibits/sharks/odds-of-a-shark-attack/

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm heading to Nags Head in three weeks. I'm definitely staying out of the ocean, it the pool or me.

We were in Nags Head and Ocracoke two weeks ago for a week.... Definitely no shortage of people in the water. I've never been a big ocean person but there's no way I'm getting in there now.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
A couple years back I was on St. George Island with my son. He was playing in the break with a couple friends and I was less then thirty feet away chilling with my headphones on. I was so close because he was seven years old. Anyway, I'm sitting there and one kid comes running out of the water screaming, I can't hear him but I can tell he is upset. I'm watching his face and I read his lips "shark!" I look towards the other three and two of them are out of the water and running screaming. My son is the only one left, he's in maybe three feet of water. I'm starting to move now and right then a wave lifts up behind him and there's a 5-6 foot shark maybe two arm lengths away. My son sees it and gets the **** out of the water. Total time, less than 5 seconds. Luckily it was a nurse shark but the point is I was less than thirty feet away and didn't see the shark at all. Huge commotion and a ton of people come over and everybody is watching the shark in the surf. Local guy comes up and tells me he runs helicopter tours and says you couldn't pay him to get in the water. He said sharks are everywhere up and down the beach. It's probably the same at all beaches. Considering that, shark attacks are exceedingly rare. The boy has pretty much already forgotten about the shark and I don't remind him. I was pretty proud of him for getting back in the water later that day. I got circled by a hammerhead in the Keys and couldn't get back in the water till the next day.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I live about an hour north of the Outer Banks, no way in hell would I get in those waters after seeing what the sharks have been doing to vacationers. Go chill on the beach and hit up the pool.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Much greater odds of getting killed while merely driving than getting killed by a shark. And then you are gonna make a selfie video WHILE driving to stack the odds even higher? Sheeesh

"The odds of getting attacked and killed by a shark are 1 in 3,748,067. In a lifetime, you are more likely to die from fireworks (1 in 340,733), lightning (1 in 79,746), drowning (1 in 1,134), a car accident (1 in 84), stroke (1 in 24), or heart disease (1 in 5)."

http://www.thewildlifemuseum.org/exhibits/sharks/odds-of-a-shark-attack/

I'm not saying its really that dangerous, but that statistic is pretty flawed.

A large majority of people are not in the ocean much/at all. For statistics to have any meaning it would need to compare time in the water vs time in the car/outside or even (stroke etc) total time alive.

It's probably safe to say it's still fairly safe, but if you spend as much time in the water as your car I'd bet its a lot closer than you think.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Makes complete sense to me. If you go into the ocean then you deserve to be bit, its their world. Seen a 4 foot shark come right up to the beach chasing small fish. Couldn't believe it.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Makes complete sense to me. If you go into the ocean then you deserve to be bit, its their world. Seen a 4 foot shark come right up to the beach chasing small fish. Couldn't believe it.

Yeah man I just stick my feet in and walk the shore line that is it for me, I just wont get in the ocean to swim ever again.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Why do we need a PSA, we need to let nature run it's course on the population. I need more leg room on domestic flights.

Users who are viewing this thread