New Project Vehicle,,,Pics,,,Suggestions.

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
I just picked up this 1991 Coupe to be my project 9 second streetable drag car. It already has Edelbrock Heads, GT40 Intake, Full Exhaust, Tremec TKO and some other small stuff.

I know I'm going with a 408 or 427 stroker with Solid roller cam and AFR 205 Heads. But I'm undecided on the power adder. Thinking of either going Carbed with a Super Victor, 850CFM carb, 12.5CR, and Lots of Nitrous. Or staying fuel injected with a single Turbo.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be great,,, Thanks.

Here are the pics.

IMG_10251.gif

IMG_10231.gif

IMG_10241.gif

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
GETTEUP said:
damn that's nice Vince

Thanks Hector,,, it's a Florida car and is rust free but the interior needs some work.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No suggestions, but that is one nice looking Mustang! Best of luck with your project. It should be a lot of fun. Oh, I do have one suggestion. Pick up a shifter gasket set for the Tremac TKO. Not that a quieter transmission matters with that beast. But re-installing the shifter will be easier. ;-)

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
A friend of mine has a set up similar to what yours is now, but with a 76mm single turbo. The car has already gone 10teens without the transbrake hooked up and leaving on no boost. It's still on the completely stock block. Imagine if you go turbo on a 408. You would probably end up with an 8 second streetcar. Probably would be alot less maintenance than a nitrous motor as well.

Biggieman

03-04 parts for sale
Established Member
damn thats nice!
i vote BIG single turbo but you probably cant go wrong either way for what you want
keep us posted!

BLKXTC

Established Member
I would say leave that thing alone. Sweet ride man god that is a clean car. Maybe a clean single turbo setup. The car looks to be in great shape.

Last edited:

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
BLKXTC said:
The car looks to be in great shape.

It's a very clean rust free Florida car,,,The interior is the only area that needs some attention.

Edit: The paint was very faded also. I buffed it out and it shines pretty good.

Last edited:

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Very nice car..but I would looke more at something like AFR 225's than the 205's Leave it EFI and so something like a direct port nitrous. Something like this, my budies 357winsdor
enginein1.gif

husker4life

speed demon
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
Imagine if you go turbo on a 408. You would probably end up with an 8 second streetcar. Probably would be alot less maintenance than a nitrous motor as well.

+1 on the 408 w/ single turbo... WOW that would be a sick car...

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
husker4life said:
+1 on the 408 w/ single turbo... WOW that would be a sick car...

My next one will be a DART 438 stroker:rockon: Good luck on yours.

two-gun kid

Legion 510
Established Member
sam92lx said:
Very nice car..but I would looke more at something like AFR 225's than the 205's Leave it EFI and so something like a direct port nitrous. Something like this, my budies 357winsdor
enginein1.gif
thats what im talking about.....:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread