New Project...Old Truck Content

mustang addict

Established Member
So, long story short I came upon this truck. 1953 Chevrolet. I was doing some work for a client (I do environmental and commercial consulting services) and I came upon this abandoned truck in the back of a facility that had been abandoned for years (10+). The client gave me the truck and I brought it home. That's where the good part began.

So a few of my buddies and I showed up to pick up the truck. However, the bay door of the facility was inoperable and we were not allowed to tamper with it in any way. And it was one of those old, metal roll up doors. All the gears for the chain drive on the door had been removed and it was off track. It was not moving. The only other option was a double wide man door in the other end of the 200,000 square foot facility. Creativity time...

First, we went and got my buddies skid steer....

53%20Chevy%20on%20Skid%20Steer_zpsgqsd5tfq.jpg

We used the skid steer to drag the old truck over near the double wide man door:

53%20Chevy%20Disassembly%201_zpsuvaya68s.jpg

Disassembly began...

53%20Chevy%20Disassembly%202_zpsr6fyogid.jpg

53%20Chevy%20Frame%20Removal_zpsauvjk2bg.jpg

Frame%20stripped_zpseoznwexx.jpg

Then we started taking everything out the door:

Truck%20through%20man%20door_zpsck0xkosp.jpg

Cab%20through%20man%20door_zpsfuw79aqx.jpg

Then we reassembled the truck on my trailer and brought it back to my shop. Best part is it only took us 3 hours to completely take this thing apart, shove it through the man door and reassemble it on my trailer. LOL

53%20Chevy%20in%20shop%202_zpscp98itpb.jpg

53%20Chevy%20in%20Shop_zpsrbpveb77.jpg

This will be something near the end goal, although not sure on color yet:

Red%2053%20Chevy_zpsodzzi1ke.jpg

Drivetrain will probably be a 5.3 or 6.0 LS with a turbo. Airbag suspension, black interior, etc. Get it power tour ready. I've got another project to finish up first but then it'll be hot n heavy on this one. My wife has always wanted an old truck so this should fit the bill.

Last edited:

RichM1983

Established Member
Environmental consulting! What does that even mean? Your shop makes it seem that it pays the bills well!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree about that truck, as is, being your goal. I love it, right down to the color choice. Yours should be equally nice as you have some experience with this stuff. Keep us posted.

Zemedici

Established Member
sick! In for build thread. I'd love to snag something like this up someday just to tinker with, and throw money at :D

Users who are viewing this thread