New Plates............

OX1

Established Member
........................from work. Been trying to get a set for the Stang, but they only seem to offer them every 10-15 years.

20240211_090536.jpg

20240211_090536b.jpg

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
It's stamped? It still has the squares for the registration stickers they stopped using in like 2005? I didn't realize they were still stamping any plates these days, figured even the specialty ones would have been the flat printed ones.

OX1

Established Member
It's stamped? It still has the squares for the registration stickers they stopped using in like 2005? I didn't realize they were still stamping any plates these days, figured even the specialty ones would have been the flat printed ones.

Interesting. I didn't even think about that when I mounted em.

It's possible they did a "RUN" on them the first time they offered them (20 odd years ago, maybe) and they had them kicking around all this time.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
........................from work. Been trying to get a set for the Stang, but they only seem to offer them every 10-15 years.

View attachment 1828468

View attachment 1828469
Nice! I had to make mine Navy.
View attachment 1828478
I really like both of those. Wish we had similar plates here. Best I could do was this one. But @mysticsvt gave me an idea. I'm going to apply for a vanity plate with CVS*33. Hopefully it's available and I can keep the Vietnam War Veteran since I already paid for that.

1707832514698.jpeg

OX1

Established Member
I really like both of those. Wish we had similar plates here. Best I could do was this one. But @mysticsvt gave me an idea. I'm going to apply for a vanity plate with CVS*33. Hopefully it's available and I can keep the Vietnam War Veteran since I already paid for that.

View attachment 1828682

Was that a wood deck? I swear "we" still have one of them (Essex, trainer only, IIRC) when I started in 85.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Was that a wood deck? I swear "we" still have one of them (Essex, trainer only, IIRC) when I started in 85.
Not sure about that one but our Sweeps were mostly Wood and our Mine Hunters all Fiberglass. When everything metal on the ship has to have a red or green sticker, just LOL.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very cool plate.

Last time I had a vanity plate was 1993-ish on my 1987 Mustang (paxton, GT40, 5 speed, etc.). It was a Wisconsin Army National Guard plate with my MOS, 67N.

One night we were cruising in Fond du Lac and I did a Mustang thing. Had some girls in the back seat, whipped around a corner, and started sawing at the wheel. End up on the curb and took out a small sapling the city had just planted. Got the girls out of the car and drove home. About 2:00 AM I pull into the driveway and open the garage door. There stands my Dad. He asks if I have anything to tell him because the Sheboygan county sheriff just left and they were looking for me. My mouth was dry as a pool table.

Long story short, fines & restitution (about $1k). The folks that witnessed my Mustang act commented to the police that the only reason they were able to identify my car was because the plate was so easy to remember "67N".

Yeah, last time. lol. For vanity plate. NOT for doing stupid shit.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Interesting as there is no Lakehurst any more - " Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst ", been like this for some time now..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Found this info with Google. "On December 16th, 1964, the USS Kearsarge began a 6-month yard overhaul in Long Beach. During the yard period, Kearsarge received an aluminum flight deck and the latest radar equipment."

OX1

Established Member
Interesting as there is no Lakehurst any more - " Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst ", been like this for some time now..

True, but those of us that have been there forever (39 years for me), still call it "Navy Lakehurst" (and the first time those plates came out, not sure we were a joint base yet)..

Users who are viewing this thread