~New Picture Of My Engine~

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
Awesome as usual . I used your pic of the oil separator and mounted mine the same area but found out it gets too hot there and had to move it to the fender region. Have you had any problems with heat on you separator?
I also want to know how many miles on your car?

Thanks

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Thanks guys! :beer:

Awesome as usual . I used your pic of the oil separator and mounted mine the same area but found out it gets too hot there and had to move it to the fender region. Have you had any problems with heat on you separator?
I also want to know how many miles on your car?

Thanks
I have not had any problems with my seperator. It has been there for over 2 years and no problems yet.

I have around 17,xxx miles on it right now.

03RedCobra

Established Member
I hope you don't plan on buying the E-85 out of the Gas Stations.

That crap at the Gas Stations is soooo unregulated. They have Summer blends, Winter Blends, etc....

The only requirement is that the fuel has to be "85%" Ethanol, the other 15% can be whatever they feel like throwing in there. Usually, they throw some sort of low Octane Unleaded in there, like 87, but that's not a guarantee.

You can tune for E-85 one day, and you could need another tune some other day because of the variance in the different blends.

The best thing to do is to buy the E-85 from a Racing fuel distributor, for their Propriertary blends, so you know that you are getting good stuff.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Looks great as expected Kevin!! :thumbsup: Only thing I might suggest is a nice polished RR pulley for that Whipple?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I hope you don't plan on buying the E-85 out of the Gas Stations.

That crap at the Gas Stations is soooo unregulated. They have Summer blends, Winter Blends, etc....

The only requirement is that the fuel has to be "85%" Ethanol, the other 15% can be whatever they feel like throwing in there. Usually, they throw some sort of low Octane Unleaded in there, like 87, but that's not a guarantee.

You can tune for E-85 one day, and you could need another tune some other day because of the variance in the different blends.

The best thing to do is to buy the E-85 from a Racing fuel distributor, for their Propriertary blends, so you know that you are getting good stuff.
I am not worried at all. I have done plenty of research and pump gas E85 is just fine. It's 1000% better than the 93 that I was using. Also, I plan on getting one of these to help monitor the content and where I plan on getting my fuel does not change their blend year round. ECA

Looks great as expected Kevin!! :thumbsup: Only thing I might suggest is a nice polished RR pulley for that Whipple?
Thanks. I think the Whipple pulley looks better actually. It matches the Billetflow pulleys better. No bling for me under the hood.

could use some bling
I'd rather keep under the hood simple and clean.

Users who are viewing this thread