New pics of my 2014 GT500

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I'm pretty sure I'm going to get them powder coated gun metal gray.

I am planning on powder coating my set too once I get another GT500 soon. I had these wheels for my 2015 ST powder coated Gun Metal by a shop 10 minutes away from me. Thinking of doing the Base wheels the same color since they came out so nice. Photo does not really show how nice the color is in person.

DSC_0548_zps2t5htrm3.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks man, it's kinda like seeing your Shelbys twin lol, but man it would be badass to get pictures of our Shelbys together.
Yes it would!
I’d like to do Shelbyfest or something in Vegas or even what used to be Knotts Ford show. A west coast tour :)
You guys both have the right idea as these wheels are awesome but need more dark on certain paint colors.
Here’s my car with the base wheels coated in the stock SVTPP color by the OEM coated. I’m sure local powdercoaters can get very close.
-J

Attachments

• 2FF5A23A-5DA3-4AD4-BE10-28215634C9E5.jpeg
    2FF5A23A-5DA3-4AD4-BE10-28215634C9E5.jpeg
    689.1 KB · Views: 290
  • D16CB0F0-8E35-4977-8EA6-2A63F6A85CC5.jpeg
    D16CB0F0-8E35-4977-8EA6-2A63F6A85CC5.jpeg
    276.9 KB · Views: 202

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes it would!
I’d like to do Shelbyfest or something in Vegas or even what used to be Knotts Ford show. A west coast tour :)
You guys both have the right idea as these wheels are awesome but need more dark on certain paint colors.
Here’s my car with the base wheels coated in the stock SVTPP color by the OEM coated. I’m sure local powdercoaters can get very close.
-J
I've always wanted to do Shelbyfest in Vegas also, maybe I'll plan to do that next year

Last edited:

einehund

Established Member
I've been looking for base wheels for 3 years, but never could get the right deal done at the right time. OP, your car looks tits!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been looking for base wheels for 3 years, but never could get the right deal done at the right time. OP, your car looks tits!
Honestly that Troy MI shop that bought Fords remaining OEM stock was the hot ticket. $1400ish for brand new base sets was a great buy. It looks like one set left.
Also, FRPP (or just FP now) was selling the front 19x9.5s in black with a machined lip and Ford Racing cap. They were identical to stock ‘13-14 fronts except color and caps. Last little known fact on the ‘13-14 wheels are that base and PP are dimensionally identical except color. Helios Coatings (OEM supplier to SVT on the finish, also contracts with SRT, Infinity, and a few others) even said they used the same process in coating both variations except the darker SVTPP got 2-3 more coats of the color layer.
I still have they’re contact info so if anyone interested let me know as I’m leaning towards having my 6 Weld wheels done in that exact dark SVTPP color for my car.
Sorry for the highjack Stevie :)
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks man, Ebay is probably your best bet for finding a set.
Honestly that Troy MI shop that bought Fords remaining OEM stock was the hot ticket. $1400ish for brand new base sets was a great buy. It looks like one set left.
Also, FRPP (or just FP now) was selling the front 19x9.5s in black with a machined lip and Ford Racing cap. They were identical to stock ‘13-14 fronts except color and caps. Last little known fact on the ‘13-14 wheels are that base and PP are dimensionally identical except color. Helios Coatings (OEM supplier to SVT on the finish, also contracts with SRT, Infinity, and a few others) even said they used the same process in coating both variations except the darker SVTPP got 2-3 more coats of the color layer.
I still have they’re contact info so if anyone interested let me know as I’m leaning towards having my 6 Weld wheels done in that exact dark SVTPP color for my car.
Sorry for the highjack Stevie :)
-J
All good buddy, I still might pick up those 2 widened base wheels you have.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
Great looking car, I like the base wheels better than the Performance packs wheels, and the Sterling Grey and Blue stripe is just a beautiful combination.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Great looking car, I like the base wheels better than the Performance packs wheels, and the Sterling Grey and Blue stripe is just a beautiful combination.
Thanks man, and yes the base wheels are probably the best looking factory GT500 wheels out there.

Users who are viewing this thread