New pics of AR wheels

MS KWIK

Established Member
I don't know the model number, these are prototypes right now. I think the final version will be released in six weeks.

Bigboye, the sizes are:

18x9 front, 265/35/18
18x10 rear, 275/40/18

Last edited:

Bingo13

Established Member
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I would go 295/35/18 or 305/30/18 on the rear with a 18x10" wheel. ;-)

saadcobra

Be away from me
Established Member
I like the chrome wheels.........Looks very nice. I like the deep dish wheels

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Gorgeous! Looks great on your car! (Which is pretty damn awesome, too!)

nj7703

Established Member
Great looking wheels. Not to "bling" to me, good size too. :beer:

MS KWIK

Established Member
Bingo, I'm working on getting a set of larger tires for the rear :) He said BFG recommended only a 275 in the rear......... And I said, well that's not what SVTPerformance.com recommends, lol.

jmimac351

Right Wing Conservative
Established Member
MS KWIK, do you know if chrome is the only way they will come? For instance, do you know if they could come in a silver center with polished/chrome lip?

Thanks.

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by MS KWIK
Bingo, I'm working on getting a set of larger tires for the rear :) He said BFG recommended only a 275 in the rear......... And I said, well that's not what SVTPerformance.com recommends, lol.

I ran 275/35/18s up front and 295/35/18s on the rear with the "R" wheels and they were perfect on the street. On track events I ran 305/30/18s on the rear or 285/30/18s at all fours. I would say with a 10" rear that a 295/35/18 would be perfect, depending on the wheel offset you might have a slight issue with the mount bolts with the car suspended. Those are the first chrome wheels I have seen that I would consider on my white whale. :thumbsup:

'00 "R" setup on my car-

http://www.garykey.net/ftp/CobraRpics/cobrarear1.jpg

Last edited:

MS KWIK

Established Member
Gary,

The R's look good! So, you're keeping the car now? Woohoo!

Yeah, 295's are what I was thinking for the rear. My contact at AR is going to try and get me a set from BFG. These are the G-Force KD's. Very sticky tires! I was doing several burnouts for the photographer and the car just stuck like glue. A little hard to generate tons of smoke for the camera! My clutch was complaining big time so I had to stop. I did the little adjustment thing and it seems to be OK now, thank God! I've never done so many back-to-back burnouts in my life, haha.

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by MS KWIK
Gary,

The R's look good! So, you're keeping the car now? Woohoo!

Yes the car is staying, wish I had not sold all of the track stuff now. :(

You have a wide selection of tires in the 295 size and the KD is one of the best to have on the car (except in rain, ice,snow).

Sticky tires help solve the hop issue but will also put some additional strain on the driveline.

The wheels look great on your car. :coolman:

ralphy1798

Established Member
Damn, makes me want to get some dubs on my L...

AHHHHH

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rockon: :rockon:

bigboye

Established Member
ur bittn I PM you a few days ago asking you about your wheels. I have not heard back from you. I was asking about the off set on your wheels and front and back also what tire sizes you are using? Have you had any scrubbing or problems using 20's. I 'm thinking of going with 20's.

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
The tire size's are 245/35-20 & 285/30-20, although the back looks like a 295-30-20 would fit. but the 285 fills the wheel and look good.
the car handles much better and the ride is smooth, i'm not sure what you mean by off set but there was no install problem's with no scrubbing or rubbing. the sucker handles like a race car in the corners!

Last edited by a moderator:

bigboye

Established Member
ur bittn Do you have any pic. you can post I would love to see what it look like.

Users who are viewing this thread