new personal best.

TRBO VNM

First, thanks to the pit crew..Lou(redfirebeast) and the camera man..Matt.(5.0snake)

2 respectable passes

10.605 @ 135.31. this was at 20# and 17 degrees of timing. 2-step worked great and Jon changed my tune to retard timing at the line instead of using the msd boxes.

next pass I increased the boost and turned

10.49 @ 137.64. boost ended up being 21.5#. same tune.

BTW, after the first pass I went to get back in the lane and they stopped me. I had to buy a fire jacket.

both passes are on video. Both passes I spun all through 1st and chirped the rest of the gears.

the 10.49 pass I got a little sideways and was going to lift, but decided to stay in it.

on a 3rd pass a wire broke on my 2-step so I had 2 crappy bogging launches on that pass(backed up and tried a second time). came back around and checked one of the wires broke. so I quickly fixed that.

last pass I increased the boost again and still spun through 1st and chirped the rest of the gears and then top of 4th, maybe 3rd it fell on its face for some reason. I let out and then got back in it. went like 10.6 @ 130 or something.

car never really had much time to cool down. drove 2.5hrs, teched, gased up and got in line.

the rest of the passes I probably had 20-25min max for cool down. turbo and intake pipes were warm to hot the hole time.

so if the weather holds out tomorrow I will be shooting for 140+mph. if it breaks up again I am going to lower the gap on the plugs and see if that does anything.

as far as spinning, no clue. got the tire pressure down to 14.5 and still spun. started at 17.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
wow, great result bud. 137 is outstanding. You sounded excited as hell on the message, happy for ya.

Typing this from work sadly.

TRBO VNM

postban said:
wow, great result bud. 137 is outstanding. You sounded excited as hell on the message, happy for ya.

Typing this from work sadly.

yeah man. I was stoked. I tried 23# but it broke up or something in 3rd or 4th. so I am going to decrease the gap and go from there. also have the xcop's coming as well.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Man I am very envious of you Turbo guys. Great times. Thanks for making all of us feel like Econoboxes in comparision.

Users who are viewing this thread