New personal best 1/4 mile

holiks03cobra

Established Member
After about 2 or more years away I finally made a trip back to the track last night. They don't really prep for the midnight madness events so I was going for trap speed to determine where I was at. I'm car #128. The last slip was no cool down time which is why it lost some speed.
21270794_1457774764271476_7880228361989291610_n.jpg

21271368_1457729374276015_3634454341763291923_n.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

s351

Established Member
Curious on what's with the white smoke at the beginning of your second video?

Soap

Established Member
Wow, big MPH.....get that car off the line and drive it like you stole it and that is deep in the 9's.

--Joe

holiks03cobra

Established Member
Curious on what's with the white smoke at the beginning of your second video?
Pretty sure it's because it was kind of a cold night. Doesn't do it in warm weather and there's no signs of anything wrong with the motor.
Nice job Jason, that other dude in the second video had a great launch.
Thanks, I wasn't trying to beat anyone off the line. Just went when I was ready.
Wow, big MPH.....get that car off the line and drive it like you stole it and that is deep in the 9's.

--Joe
Yeah I was kinda surprised. I was launching around 2500. They don't really prep the track for those events. If I would've launched at a higher rpm it probably would've just spun.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
That car is making some steam! You lost a couple mph from the bog as well, easy 9 second car once you get the launch down and maybe do some suspension work!

holiks03cobra

Established Member
That car is making some steam! You lost a couple mph from the bog as well, easy 9 second car once you get the launch down and maybe do some suspension work!
Yeah It'd probably be high 140's with no bog and ice in the tank. It does need suspension work. Everything is stock except for the ftbr front and rear diff bushings and deluxe toe links and upr k member. Stock shocks and struts and cut springs.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Man not sure how you would be bored of that car.. that things hauling the mail! If anything more suspension mods to get it a better 60' dialed in. You definitely have the power. What blower are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holiks03cobra

Established Member
Man not sure how you would be bored of that car.. that things hauling the mail! If anything more suspension mods to get it a better 60' dialed in. You definitely have the power. What blower are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a better prepped track I could raise the rpm and get a better 60 ft. It's a standard inlet 2.9 whipple

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Also, what kind of IAT's are you getting without ice but running the killer chiller?

holiks03cobra

Established Member
Congrats! What size rim and tire do you run on that IRS?
Thanks! For the track I run a 28" slick on a 16x10 rim

Also, what kind of IAT's are you getting without ice but running the killer chiller?
I only used it when I was close enough to the starting line to keep the car running but It was around 88-100*. Turned off the ac after the burnout. I don't have the valve to bypass the heat exchanger. The fluid does get cold.

Users who are viewing this thread