New PB !!!!!!

Blackmax

Established Member
Congrats on you new P.B. that car has a lot in it! I'm pretty much max'd out now at 135 m.p.h. I've got my warning and they will suspend me for a year if I do it again. Need to get better 60 ft.

Kostas

Established Member
Congrats on your PB!! There is definatelly more in it. Good Luck.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctifdQmD25M&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Robs GT500 10/19/11 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Blackmax

Established Member
Great vid, the launch was hard and I'm surprised only 1.6 , you got the nose diving pretty good as well I see. Good flame action!

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Still trying to figure out what shock setting the front likes

But it's getting better and faster with every pass.. Literally

Kostas

Established Member
I might be wrong, but it seems that you are shifting to 2nd before the 60ft mark

Kostas

Established Member
Yeah, seems like the car takes the nose dive right before the 60foot.
It leaves strong that's for sure.

Maybe thats what hurts his 60' and yeah the car leaves off the line great. I wish mine did that lol

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
It's the nose dive that's hurting it...

The second run was a 1.55 60 but I missed second. And I also cranked up the 2step

That would have been a 1.4 range 60 if I hadn't missed the shift.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
680 mustang dunno pump has and very conservative.

The passes where on a race tune do maybe 720 on a mustang dyno?

I don't really dyno it.... I rather track it !!!

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
28x10.5 MT slicks stiff sidewall

I might just have to go to a 30 inch tire.. To avoid a gear change... This sucks these slicks only have 5 passes on them

Last edited:

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
680 mustang dunno pump has and very conservative.

The passes where on a race tune do maybe 720 on a mustang dyno?

I don't really dyno it.... I rather track it !!!

With ya there man. With your power I'd say you'd benifit greatly from 3.73's. On 93 octane, I'm only making a little more power than that (could be the same knowing the consistency of dynos) and with ET Drags, the car will pull 1.40-1.45's. I like the 4.10's also but it seems my car dead hooks much better with the 3.73's. I run 8 clicks from full hard on the QA1's too. With your driving ability and the way your car runs, you'll go 9's pretty soon. I'll post up some slips from last Friday night and so you can see what it does about all the time with this tune. Never know, maybe it will help some.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
I have to think about the gear change. I just don't want to take 1 step forward and 2 steps back with that

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Thanks for the compliment
I'm just amazed how fast she is going with only boltons and 18 psi with a tiny KB 2.8 lol

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
Nice run Robert, looks like your set up has some easy 10.20's in it once you get the suspension dialed in. Stick with the 4.10's and I wouldn't worry to much about your 60ft. times until you get the nose to stop diving....that thing is launching HARD....your shift point on the track is hurting your 60ft. also....29 in. tires will help carry you through the 60ft. cones and knock a few rpm's off of the top end. I tried 29.5 in. Goodyear tires but they rubbed on the fenders at half track....expensive lesson...so be careful going to 30's....they will seem like they are fine when you test fit them but grow as you increase speed. Good luck and keep dialing in that suspension.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread