NEW PB Mid 9 second passes (VIDEO)

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Went out to Bradenton Motorsports Park's first Fast Fridays event to get some testing done and enter into the streetcar shootout since the 6R80 swap. The weather was great at -600DA and hardly any wind, I let the car cool off after the 60 mile trip and started to prep the car to run. I drive there on my drag setup which is skinnies and 275 pro tires, so prepping the car is as easy as letting the air out lol. First pass she went 9.6@143 with a mid 1.4 60ft, the Next pass I upped the 2-step 200RPM and that netted a lower 1.4 60ft and a 9.5@143 pass. This car continually impresses me everyday, it is a full weight car minus the spare tire and still the stock motor on E85. Huge thanks to my buddy Sai who tunes the car and helps out whenever he can. After running back to back 9.5 and feeling the way the car leaves it is deff time for a ARB.

Details:
Stock motor E85
Custom TT setup I built running 8psi
BMR UCA, LCA, Relo Brackets, Springs
15in drag setup all the way around
6R80 swap with 4C Cnverter
Shaftmaster DS
TruTrac Diff
Tuned By Sai Li (04CompGT)

WATCH IN HD

[video=youtube_share;LiT1R-8OlzY]http://youtu.be/LiT1R-8OlzY?list=UU5b_81wxLSd3p4ec1Kt7wFg[/video]

JTS_7

Established Member
Damn. Nice pass, that thing is moving out . I wonder how fast it will go with the ARB and some weight taken out.

corepwn

Established Member
All I can say is wow!
I think that's a stock motor record!

Sai is doing really great work on the tunes of these cars.

JTS_7

Established Member
All I can say is wow!

I think someone has been 8's, don't quote me on that. I know low 9s for sure.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Damn. Nice pass, that thing is moving out . I wonder how fast it will go with the ARB and some weight taken out.

Thanks buddy, I'm hoping it will be 1.3 60ft

All I can say is wow!

I'm wish it was a record lol but it's pretty far from it. Ik KenB has been 9.33 and Larry went 9.2

Sai is a great tuner man.

JTS_7

Established Member
Thanks buddy, I'm hoping it will be 1.3 60ft

I'm wish it was a record lol but it's pretty far from it. Ik KenB has been 9.33 and Larry went 9.2

Sai is a great tuner man.

Knowing how nice your kit is and the attention to detail in the places it matters. I have no doubt your car could set the record if you really wanted to. But then again, if a rod lets go that's no fun, and could potentially damage parts.

rotarymagic

Established Member
What a beast! When you race JUIC3D's car, you pulled hard as hell. Was his car banging the limiter on shifts or what? Also, do you think you'd gain by going to a B converter?

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Knowing how nice your kit is and the attention to detail in the places it matters. I have no doubt your car could set the record if you really wanted to. But then again, if a rod lets go that's no fun, and could potentially damage parts.

If a rod lets go, it could put oil under the tires & total the car out... Wouldn't wish that on anyone :/
Awesome run! But something to think about. There's no prise money for fastest stock shortblock...

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
grats on the PB...she gets squirly though.

Thank you and yea she did I need a Anti roll bar, it is picking up the drivers from to much and twisting.

Very NICE!!! Congrats!!

Thanks

While getting a record would be cool, thats not what I'm after with this car. I just enjoy driving the car whenever and then taking it to the track every now and then.

Congrats man, awesome stuff! What turbos are on there? Precision 6266s?

Thanks, they are Journal bearing PTE 6266 turbos

Awesome pass!

Stock Motor FTW!!!!!!!!

Thanks buddy we need to meet up again

What a beast! When you race JUIC3D's car, you pulled hard as hell. Was his car banging the limiter on shifts or what? Also, do you think you'd gain by going to a B converter?

When I raced Justin, it wasn't my car that pulled lol it was his. Mine blew the tires off and headed towards his lane so I just let off and cruised down.

If a rod lets go, it could put oil under the tires & total the car out... Wouldn't wish that on anyone :/
Awesome run! But something to think about. There's no prise money for fastest stock shortblock...

Exactly man I have no desire to push the car like that.

ebrow21

Established Member
This is awesome......Shows the ease in which a properly setup car makes power. It takes my 2.3 whipple 15 psi to run low 140's lol.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I heard about your car from a buddy that was there in a yellow gs corvette. He said you were flying and he didn't want any part of that turbo mustang. Good job and major congrats man!!

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
This is awesome......Shows the ease in which a properly setup car makes power. It takes my 2.3 whipple 15 psi to run low 140's lol.

Thanks man

Great job buddy. Glad to be a part of it.

Thanks buddy, appreciate all your work.

I heard about your car from a buddy that was there in a yellow gs corvette. He said you were flying and he didn't want any part of that turbo mustang. Good job and major congrats man!!

haha thats pretty cool, His vette was flying too if its the same one that went 9.8

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Absolutely crazy!! Great numbers and congrats! :rockon: can't wait for Bradenton. Gotta do some research on this swap for sure

Users who are viewing this thread