New PB for me yesterday - full weight 2.9 Whipple Cobra with Zex 50 shot

truculentSVT

Established Member
So close, yet so far away! Went a 10.18@136. I was hoping to get that elusive 9, but it slipped away again! I believe if I would have had time to make another run I could have gotten it. The car is a TR 04' Cobra with a 2.9 Whipple/Kooks Long Tubes/O/R X with a Zex 50 wet shot. The car was full weight other than the Bogart RT wheels all the way around (even the spare tire was in the car). It has the stock longblock, stock T-56, stock IRS other than the BF IRS brace. The suspension is also stock other than the Eibach pro kit springs. I was on 28x10 Hoosier slicks.

This is a new personal best for E.T.. The car has MPH'd 139.5 last track outing.
Gotta keep diggin' an get that 9! :beer:

bestet.jpg

Last edited:

truculentSVT

Established Member
Hard to explain.. Didn't really dump it, kinda ride it some, but I would say it was around 4200 or so.. Don't know what I shifted at, I do not have a shift light. If wot box you mean for the nitrous - I use a Zex traction control window switch and the Zex box taps the TPS. And if you mean WOT shift box- no I do not have one..

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
A guy in town is going 1.49's with stock IRS and ET drags... Hasn't broke yet haha. I'm going 1.42's to 1.45's on a SRA

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Very nice ET for the mph! How much boost are you running? I would think that you would've picked up 32-33mph on the big end.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Nice run for sure with a full weight IRS car!! :)

I've seen a 1.57 with the exact same suspension set-up!!...I think you're doing very well!! ...You'll be in the 9's before long! :beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Nice runs but I gotta ask you really don't know where you shifted at? If you test to find the perfect shift points you could easily go faster!!!!

truculentSVT

Established Member
Nice runs but I gotta ask you really don't know where you shifted at? If you test to find the perfect shift points you could easily go faster!!!!

Nah, I don't really look at the tach, I just shift by ear & feel. I don't have a shift light.

truculentSVT

Established Member
Very nice ET for the mph! How much boost are you running? I would think that you would've picked up 32-33mph on the big end.

The car has mph'd 139.5 mph a few times.. Boost is like 19.5 lbs I believe, right at 20

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
So close, yet so far away! Went a 10.18@136. I was hoping to get that elusive 9, but it slipped away again! I believe if I would have had time to make another run I could have gotten it. The car is a TR 04' Cobra with a 2.9 Whipple/Kooks Long Tubes/O/R X with a Zex 50 wet shot. The car was full weight other than the Bogart RT wheels all the way around (even the spare tire was in the car). It has the stock longblock, stock T-56, stock IRS other than the BF IRS brace. The suspension is also stock other than the Eibach pro kit springs. I was on 28x10 Hoosier slicks.

This is a new personal best for E.T.. The car has MPH'd 139.5 last track outing.
Gotta keep diggin' an get that 9! :beer:

Very impressive!!
I was at BG in Oct chasing the elusive 9.
Best run was a 10.05!!!
Could probably have farted the extra .06 to get the 9!!! :fart:
Maybe next time.....

Last edited:

truculentSVT

Established Member
I've was running consistent 1.51-1.54 60's last year at our local 330' foot track. But I believe it has better track prep that Clay City. I say was as before I broke a halfshaft. I broke the one and only half shaft i've broke at the '330 track and it was due to dead hooking. The car just broke and never moved. After that I lost my confidence on the launch and just now have gotten back close to how I was launching before.

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
I've was running consistent 1.51-1.54 60's last year at our local 330' foot track. But I believe it has better track prep that Clay City. I say was as before I broke a halfshaft. I broke the one and only half shaft i've broke at the '330 track and it was due to dead hooking. The car just broke and never moved. After that I lost my confidence on the launch and just now have gotten back close to how I was launching before.
Is that on a 17" Hoosier 28x10 slick?

Users who are viewing this thread