New PB at the 1/8th mile track.....

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Couldn't quite pull the 'big' trip to the 1320, so I settled for the shorter ride to the local 8th mile track. The air was great, got down to -300 da towards the end of the night, but the track won't worth a sh!t. I got there late, but some boys who'd been there since they opened said they hadn't seen anyone spray the track the whole night.

That said, I only managed 1.8 sixty foots all night. I was launching relatively soft for a while, but ended up leaving from 55-6000 a couple times.

I went out with a goal of 8.29 or better. Best pass of the night was a 8.28 @ 84.6mph with a 1.82 short time.

This car is so much damn fun to have at the track. I got asked 3 times about the badges being fake, 4-5 times if I was spraying, once about boost, and had a DeRUNK ******* shake my hand twice, then hug me, then shake again before I could get the hell away, LMAO!

Here's a pic of the best slip, and a couple go-pro vids. My wife and brother have cell vids, good ones too, but I can't get them to my computer so these will have to do. Thanks for reading and watching!

2013-04-07003920_zpseadadf70.jpg

2012 3.7l v6 Mustang-1/8th mile runs - YouTube

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice runs on that video, and congratulations on that PB. Your V6 is pretty stout! :)

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Nice runs on that video, and congratulations on that PB. Your V6 is pretty stout! :)
Thank you Bob! I think for the most part I'm squeezing all I can out of the car. This particular night the track could've had a little better prep, as I usually sixty in the 1.75-1.80 range, and I can work on my shifts for sure, but it's not doing too bad.

Now I'm a little more confident in getting a 12sec slip this year. The car should be there, just hope I am. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread