New PB 10.28 @ 134

BMR Tech

You can take two approaches, for squat.

You can squat quickly....and hold the compression there......and raise slowly. (soft compression and stiff rebound)

You can try to resist squat from stiffer shocks....and still stiffen rebound to control the unload/raise back up. The problem here is the tire and the shock are doing ALL of the work.

In a perfect world, and typically on an auto....you want the back of the car to stay put....and you want the body to rotate on the rear axle. No squat, no raise.

In the real world, with a manual, you have to find the right balance. Some cars work really well squatting like a mofo. Those cars are not as consistent, but they can produce some miracle passes. Some cars work best raising up the ass end. Some work staying put.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
You can take two approaches, for squat.

You can squat quickly....and hold the compression there......and raise slowly. (soft compression and stiff rebound)

You can try to resist squat from stiffer shocks....and still stiffen rebound to control the unload/raise back up. The problem here is the tire and the shock are doing ALL of the work.

In a perfect world, and typically on an auto....you want the back of the car to stay put....and you want the body to rotate on the rear axle. No squat, no raise.

In the real world, with a manual, you have to find the right balance. Some cars work really well squatting like a mofo. Those cars are not as consistent, but they can produce some miracle passes. Some cars work best raising up the ass end. Some work staying put.

It seems my car responds best with the "You can squat quickly....and hold the compression there......and raise slowly. (soft compression and stiff rebound)" approach. 5-6C and 8-10R seems to work the best. Just enough squat to transfer weight and get the car moving but it still has too much wheel spin..

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
^ lol. Great video. I was looking at them last night and the 1.48 I THINK came from the left lane. It was the last video of the day from yesterday I thought but I don't see it in that compilation unless it's the very first one.

EDIT: maybe the very last clip in that video is the 1.48. It looks like a good launch, minus the wheel spin and no wheelie. lol

Last edited:

Shiken_Feddas

Established Member
^ lol. Great video. I was looking at them last night and the 1.48 I THINK came from the left lane. It was the last video of the day from yesterday I thought but I don't see it in that compilation unless it's the very first one.

Those were the only ones I had.:shrug:

BMR Tech

It seems my car responds best with the "You can squat quickly....and hold the compression there......and raise slowly. (soft compression and stiff rebound)" approach. 5-6C and 8-10R seems to work the best. Just enough squat to transfer weight and get the car moving but it still has too much wheel spin..

8C is quite a bit of compression valving. :dw:

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
To me it looks like the car is relying to much on the tire and not enought on the suspension. Would that be fair to say?? Yes I'm still learning lol.

NitrousExpress

Established Member
Since were already off track from Ryan post lol ill post Justin slo mo here. Kelly wouldn't you want to lower the control arms in the bottom hold to reduce tire speed??

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KnZf1QNYtOQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That Slow Mo vid was awesome!

-Garrett

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Went a new best E.T. on consecutive days. 10.38 on Sat. @ DH 16, then a .28 today. Still on 7 lbs and 93. The 60' is not where it should be. Time for new tires I guess. With a better launch I might catch Collin's car lol.

4d92b7a8-2e98-4fb1-b32f-4f519d67bbbf_zpsb1408c0a.jpg

Congrats :beer:

BMR Tech

I misread.

Nonetheless, my approach would be a little different. I texted you what I would do, when you first got them. I don't like much stiffness rebound on a stick car, that isnt squatting a lot.

Hope to see you get some good results soon. Good luck!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I misread.

Nonetheless, my approach would be a little different. I texted you what I would do, when you first got them. I don't like much stiffness rebound on a stick car, that isnt squatting a lot.

Hope to see you get some good results soon. Good luck!

Refresh my memory--I have a million texts from you since I got the rear shocks. I can go back through later tonight.

Car went 1.44 60' with 6C 10R on sportline springs, lca relos, bmr upper/lower arms, and viking rears. Now, a few things have changed since then so whats your recommendation? On your recommendation, I swapped to BMR springs and I have damn near the whole BMR catalog under this pos and it doesn't want to 60' for shit. I've tried stiff C and loose R and it doesn't work and the car does consistent low 1.5 to high 1.4 with 5-6C and 8-10R. I'm going to try the upper LCA hole next outing..

BMR Tech

If I were you, since you have made a million passes....I would raise the LCA up, and make a pass.

If it doesn't work, I would go back to the middle position....and try 6C and 2-3R.

If those make no changes, then I would change the way I launched the car.

Users who are viewing this thread