New parts are headed this way!

Tyler72

Established Member
I finally gave in and bought all the parts needed to finally install the Eibach R2 coilovers I've had for a while now... I really wanted to do a watts link but unfortunately it just wasn't in the budget and I really want to get these coil overs on the car.

I ordered:
BMR lower control arm relocation brackets
BMR upper control arm bracket
BMR poly/rod end adjustable track bar
BMR poly bushing adjustable upper control arm
J&M extreme joint lower control arms
Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates

I really wanted the new BMR uniball upper control arm but I was afraid of too much NVH (scared its gonna be pretty bad with what I did get) plus I'm really not down with the $350 price tag either. I'm hoping to install all of this next weekend and hopefully be able to try it out at the next auto cross at the beginning of June!

BMR Tech

NICE!

If you need any help along the way, shoot me a call!

You will love the upgrades.

draxxus131

Established Member
If your worried about NVH only, I would say that the uni-ball system isn't bad for NVH. It really isn't obnoxious at all. What it comes down to between spherical joints and polyurethane is MAINTENANCE! Spherical you have to constantly maintain lubrication and clean them A LOT! Otherwise they get extremely noise and will fail prematurely. While polyurethane tends to get noisy when not lubricated well enough and can bind when carving through corners, they are very easy to maintain especially with zerk fittings for the grease.

There is a video floating around of a member here on SVTP that title the video "WHAT NVH!!!" or something along those lines. He showed a before/after video of his GT with poly bushings and then switching over to spherical joints, he showed through his GoPro inside his cabin that it barely makes any noise when compared to a polyurethane bushing. I was extremely surprised to say the least, as long as they are maintained NVH won't be any issue.

Tyler72

Established Member
Well... Last night I remembered I had $500 stashed away that I had forgotten about. I decided that since I was going to be taking the suspension apart anyway, I might as well go ahead & do the sway bars too while I'm at it. This will complete my suspension mods for a long while I'd say. Only thing I might do is add some BMR front control arms and their watts link if they ever release it.

Tyler72

Established Member
Well, the parts came in and over the last 2 nights I've been working on the rear suspension simply because the new MM caster/camber plates won't be here until this afternoon. On the rear, everything went pretty smoothly. I'm running the new upper control arm in the top hole on the new mount, and the new lowers are in the middle hole of the relocation brackets. The top hole is useless because the bolt interferes with the adjustable rear sway bar on any position other than soft. I think the lowers will be good here though as they are only slightly angler up towards the front of the car at ride height. The coil overs I bought are for a GT500 (anticipating adding a Whipple some day) so I was expecting under steer issues. To help fight that I'm going to run the rear sway bar on full stiff and the front bar right in the middle for my initial setting and give that a go. I've got an auto cross next weekend so I'll be able to see how it does there hopefully, and then make adjustments as needed.
IMG_20140528_181751017_zps457f3ff6.jpg

IMG_20140215_085207334_zps5be710da.jpg

IMG_20140528_192138607_zpscb031c43.jpg

IMG_20140529_175150677_zps54175ccd.jpg

IMG_20140529_182323023_zps8a795d15.jpg

IMG_20140529_071803832_zps06226ce1.jpg

IMG_20140529_071915092_zps98f4ddce.jpg

I'm going to pick up my MGW shifter tonight and then I'll work on installing it and my front suspeninsion tonight and tomorrow.

Tyler72

Established Member
Kelly, I think I'm going to give you a call later this afternoon. I want to go over some initial settings with you and see if you can give me some good advice to make sure I'm on the right path here. By the way, the BMR stuff is awesome quality!

Tyler72

Established Member
Well, I finished up the install last night and I think I'm pretty satified with my stance. I may raise the rear just a little but I won't really know until its aligned and I can go drive it around. Today I'm taking it for a front end alignment then I may tune on it a little and see if I can get it more dialed in. I'll post my thoughts on how it drives later. Until then, more pictures!
IMG_20140530_215824750_zps8dec0eb5.jpg

IMG_20140531_010946176_zps9773e63b.jpg

IMG_20140531_010958038_zps2253564e.jpg

IMG_20140531_011016908_zpsa0cc06a6.jpg

IMG_20140531_010958038_zps2253564e.jpg

Also, Kelly, thanks for taking a few minutes out of your busy day to talk to me over the phone. You reassured my thought process and now I'm at least a little confident that I can get this thing dialed in!

Tyler72

Established Member
Well after some driving and tuning I can say I am very satisfied with the parts. As expected, the rear end screams likes a pissed off kitty cat at 60-80 mph so I need to do something to fix that. But as far as handling, the car does really well. I need lots more practice with it, but its definitely got more potential than the stock stuff. Car is very well balanced and corners/brakes much flatter. I did an auto x on Sunday and won the ESP class, but I feel the car can do better. I need to figure out a way to disable the ABS on auto x days though because I'm still having issues with it cutting on when I initially hit the brakes even though it probably doesn't need to. When the ABS turns off, the car comes to a stop very quickly. But when it comes on the car just doesn't slow down.

Tyler72

Established Member
That for sure turns advance trac off, but I'm pretty sure ABS stays on. I could be wrong though! I'll try that next time.

Users who are viewing this thread