New Owner

Frostbit3

Established Member
Hello all,

My 14 came in last week its black with flat stripes. Big day tomorrow backup camera install with the navtv system and navtv camera and tinted windows. Going to try and get over to vmp next week for the basic add ons. Hopefully I don't hit the whining gears or clutch issue crossing fingers. Went with the weather tech mats and Lloyd's lol couldn't decide. I'll get pictures up tomorrow after the tint and backup camera hopefully all goes well. The forum has been a great help so thanks for all the advice while I was a troll haha. :rolling:

5.0 guy

Established Member
It's a hard color to keep clean but man is it stunning when it's waxed! Enjoy an congrats!

Frostbit3

Established Member
Thanks guys ! Yeah every vehicle I've owned has been black its a pita but well worth it. On a side note would you guys recommend the front splash guards do they look ok?

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
Hello all,

My 14 came in last week its black with flat stripes. Big day tomorrow backup camera install with the navtv system and navtv camera and tinted windows. Going to try and get over to vmp next week for the basic add ons. Hopefully I don't hit the whining gears or clutch issue crossing fingers. Went with the weather tech mats and Lloyd's lol couldn't decide. I'll get pictures up tomorrow after the tint and backup camera hopefully all goes well. The forum has been a great help so thanks for all the advice while I was a troll haha. :rolling:
Just curious but how are you going to install a back up camera on a Shelby spoiler unless you replace it for a regular mustang GT spoiler ?

Last edited:

ponygirl06

Established Member
Congrats on your new car. If you are getting the camera installed where are you going? I don't think there is any place in Tally able to do the work and St Augustine and Jax are both fairly close to Tallahassee.

Frostbit3

Established Member
Just curious but how are you going to install a back up camera on a Shelby spoiler unless you replace it for a regular mustang GT spoiler ?

Could you post pictures of the install after it is finished?

Congrats on your new car. If you are getting the camera installed where are you going? I don't think there is any place in Tally able to do the work and St Augustine and Jax are both fairly close to Tallahassee.

OK to start the products i used are the NAVTV XG Box and the NAV TV camera6 links here:

NAV-TV Corporation: CAM6 Top Mount Super-low Light Backup Camera

NAV-TV Corporation: ALLSYNC Video in Motion - Back Up Camera Interface

Install was completed by rolling sound in Jacksonville on Phillips HWY. They did a very clean job, covered everything with soft towels and asked me before making any critical decisions. I searched the forum before all this and found one topic about the lock-pick that had links to other installs. Many went with drilling a single hole for the camera like this. All in all its worlds better and I love being able to see if kids, trash can etc are directly behind me and its cool to be able to look behind you while on the interstate (pressing the hang up phone button while moving). I tested the grid markers on the camera and found the green line is 5 feet exactly, which gives you plenty of notice to stop and or judge distance. The camera photo is grainy but in person the picture is completely crisp. The NAV TV folks gave me 50 dollars off each product and a 10% military discount, which was outstanding. Their product is more expensive than the lock-pick but I to this day have never heard of a NAV TV part not working. After the discounts it was about the same as the lock-pick. Any questions or specific picture requests let me know!! Final note the camera works when the car is in reverse so everyone knows it works like factory.

20130817_155915_zpsd845e297.jpg

20130817_160014_zps01bb20c5.jpg
20130817_155829_zpsc5e163dc.jpg

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Hello all,

Looking forward to seeing your new ride!

Give me a shout when you get a minute.

Cell phone number is in my sig.

Bj

Users who are viewing this thread