New Owner

aksvt

Established Member
I am a noob, well kinda. My user name says my last visit was July 2003, wow its been that long sense i owned my first SVT (focus lol) and logged in here. Well i just dusted off my user name and got a new password as i am the proud new owner of a 2013 GT500, all black with stripe delete, racaros, glass roof, svtpp,tp,electronics. I have been watching this new 2013 sitting at my dealer for 3 months (built in december the sticker shows) with a 10k mark up until now when i saw they had a 2014 coming in built exactlly the same but with stripes. I argued until i was blue in the face and got them to sell the 13 to me at MSRP and i am super excited. I pick the car up on Friday, cant wait to drive in to the local car show on saturday.
I am not new to Mustangs as i have a highly modded 08 GT with Paxton SC riding on 20" Alcoas. I plan on putting the Alcoas on the Shelby and parting out the performance parts and selling the GT as a basically stock car.

Hope to learn a lot here.

USV8PWR

Established Member
Congrats on the new ride and welcome back to the forums! I look forward to seeing more posts and pics from you! :beer:

GT500662

Established Member
Welcome to the club, I had a black 12 with stripe delete. Liked that look but I changed it up with my 13 and ordered it with the stripes. But still black. I'll post a pick of mine here so you can see a black 13 with Alcoa's
gymabyta.jpg
uhamu2ub.jpg

FYI.... Sitting on Michelin Pilot SS front 275/35-20 and rear 295/35-20

I hope you enjoy your car!

aksvt

Established Member
Thanks, cant believe its been 10 years and this forum still had my info lol.

Last edited:

aksvt

Established Member
Awesome, congrats on the new car! I would assume not many in Alaska!
Theres just a few GT500's and one SS I know of but i was told this is the only 13 in the state but cant confirm. Would have liked to get the 14 just for the model year but they wouldnt budge off the mark up.

Welcome to the club, I had a black 12 with stripe delete. Liked that look but I changed it up with my 13 and ordered it with the stripes. But still black. I'll post a pick of mine here so you can see a black 13 with Alcoa's
FYI.... Sitting on Michelin Pilot SS front 275/35-20 and rear 295/35-20

I hope you enjoy your car!

Thanks for posting your pics, really glad i kept me GT for now so i can swap out my Alcoas. Did you have to swap out your tpms from the stock wheels? I have tpms from my 08 in the Alcoas now but not sure if there compatiable to the new Shelby.

GT500662

Established Member
Theres just a few GT500's and one SS I know of but i was told this is the only 13 in the state but cant confirm. Would have liked to get the 14 just for the model year but they wouldnt budge off the mark up.

Thanks for posting your pics, really glad i kept me GT for now so i can swap out my Alcoas. Did you have to swap out your tpms from the stock wheels? I have tpms from my 08 in the Alcoas now but not sure if there compatiable to the new Shelby.

I actually had the Alcoa's on my 12 and just mounted them and the tire sensors worked fine. My guess is you would be ok with the sensors you already have in them.

Husky44

Established Member
Theres just a few GT500's and one SS I know of but i was told this is the only 13 in the state but cant confirm.

Not the only 13 in the state. There's at least one more, in my garage!

Congrats!

Where are you? Which dealer? What car show? I might have to join you.

I know of a guy in Wasilla that's got a 10 or 11, and a guy in Anchorage that's got a 12. There's a few more I've seen around here, but we're still pretty rare company.

aksvt

Established Member
Not the only 13 in the state. There's at least one more, in my garage!

Congrats!

Where are you? Which dealer? What car show? I might have to join you.

I know of a guy in Wasilla that's got a 10 or 11, and a guy in Anchorage that's got a 12. There's a few more I've seen around here, but we're still pretty rare company.

Thats Awesome, im in the valley and will be home from the slope on thursday night. Got the car at cals, the only new one i could find. There's a 12 with 4500 miles on consignment in wasilla for 48k, was looking at that becuse so much less money but really wanted the new car. I figured it was a bs line from the dealer being the only 13, they said they only get one alotment a year lol. The car show is this weekened, looks like you dont have to go far becuse its in Eagle River at the ice arena on the hill past fred meyers. Its held there every year first weekend in May, i usually have my drag car in the show but couldnt make it happen this year with my work schudule.

Be cool to see another one there, i would probably have tons of questions for you.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I figured it was a bs line from the dealer being the only 13, they said they only get one alotment a year lol.

It's VERY likely they only get one allocation a year.

Husky44

Established Member
Thats Awesome, im in the valley and will be home from the slope on thursday night. Got the car at cals, the only new one i could find. There's a 12 with 4500 miles on consignment in wasilla for 48k, was looking at that becuse so much less money but really wanted the new car. I figured it was a bs line from the dealer being the only 13, they said they only get one alotment a year lol. The car show is this weekened, looks like you dont have to go far becuse its in Eagle River at the ice arena on the hill past fred meyers. Its held there every year first weekend in May, i usually have my drag car in the show but couldnt make it happen this year with my work schudule.

Be cool to see another one there, i would probably have tons of questions for you.

Didn't realize the Mac show was this weekend. I have avoided it the past several years because it makes me bummed that my 67 isn't ready. May just have to go.

Cals=BS line. They obviously FORGOT about my car that sat on their showroom floor for over a month with a $50k ADM (yep, that's right... and no, I didn't pay it). Mid September isn't a good time to sell convertibles in AK, so they decided to deal. They had 3 allotments for 2013, IIRC.

Here's mine, sitting on their floor...
WP_000061_zps9ff38144.gif

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
I am a noob, well kinda. My user name says my last visit was July 2003, wow its been that long sense i owned my first SVT (focus lol) and logged in here. Well i just dusted off my user name and got a new password as i am the proud new owner of a 2013 GT500, all black with stripe delete, racaros, glass roof, svtpp,tp,electronics. I have been watching this new 2013 sitting at my dealer for 3 months (built in december the sticker shows) with a 10k mark up until now when i saw they had a 2014 coming in built exactlly the same but with stripes. I argued until i was blue in the face and got them to sell the 13 to me at MSRP and i am super excited. I pick the car up on Friday, cant wait to drive in to the local car show on saturday.
I am not new to Mustangs as i have a highly modded 08 GT with Paxton SC riding on 20" Alcoas. I plan on putting the Alcoas on the Shelby and parting out the performance parts and selling the GT as a basically stock car.

Hope to learn a lot here.
Congrats. I know the feeling of watching the car that you want for a few months. My 2013 was built on 12/6/2012. When was yours built?

aksvt

Established Member
Didn't realize the Mac show was this weekend. I have avoided it the past several years because it makes me bummed that my 67 isn't ready. May just have to go.

Cals=BS line. They obviously FORGOT about my car that sat on their showroom floor for over a month with a $50k ADM (yep, that's right... and no, I didn't pay it). Mid September isn't a good time to sell convertibles in AK, so they decided to deal. They had 3 allotments for 2013, IIRC.
Man i love that grabber blue, looks awesome! Wow 50K, i coudnt amagine even begin to ask wtf on that one. I was happy to get the MSRP deal, but they wouldnt do that on the 2014. The next guy will probably get the deal on it in a few months.

Husky44

Established Member
Man i love that grabber blue, looks awesome! Wow 50K, i coudnt amagine even begin to ask wtf on that one. I was happy to get the MSRP deal, but they wouldnt do that on the 2014. The next guy will probably get the deal on it in a few months.
It's a long story on the markup... Funny thing is, with all of their markups, every one that has SOLD has been at MSRP. Will look for you Saturday, if it's not snowing.

Congrats again! You're gonna love it, but this is going to be a long last two days. :D

aksvt

Established Member
Its Home! Well it all worked out, my new GT500 is in the garage! Pics coming soon (like you guys dont know what they look like lol) after i clean it up, had to drive it home in the damn rain. Got the MSRP deal and they had me drive it off the show room floor, it had 14.7 miles on the odo and a noticed it was still in lock mode for several miles. I know it was more than 5 before mine unlocked, it was probably closer to 10? Time to read the books and learn the controls today.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Its Home! Well it all worked out, my new GT500 is in the garage! Pics coming soon (like you guys dont know what they look like lol) after i clean it up, had to drive it home in the damn rain. Got the MSRP deal and they had me drive it off the show room floor, it had 14.7 miles on the odo and a noticed it was still in lock mode for several miles. I know it was more than 5 before mine unlocked, it was probably closer to 10? Time to read the books and learn the controls today.

Can't wait for the pics .. Congrats!!

Crowley

Users who are viewing this thread