New Owner Please Give Advice

Why Try?

Established Member
Been searching this site for months looking around so now i need help from everyone.

Okay First the Purpose- Daily Driver, Weekend Warrior wanting 470-480RWHP but a RELAIBLE CAR (no short cuts) with IRS. Plus with all the "free mods" (catch can, hood mod) which are good safe/relaible mods.

Mods i want are below but need help finding which ones and where (pullies upper/lower which ones for which combo's, plus best parts not cheap ones) also anything below over kill (not needed for my HP gains/wants) thanks

Catback with Catted X pipe (already on vehicle)
Even Flow Cooling Mod
Canton Intercooler/Expansion Tank
Pulley/ upper and lower
JLT RAI

Last thing where do you get the heat exchangers that say SVT on them and what brand is it and if its AFCO is it the Pro or the regular one

Thanks everyone in advance

One last question is if i do a pulley swap (upper and lower) but later on decide on a ported Eaton would i have to swap pulley back again to something else

Thanks

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Here is a site you can pretty much get everything you need at:
http://www.lethalperformance.com/

For your upper pullies and idlers, go with BilletFlow. They have the best quality. Mostly everyone here uses them and likes them best.

For your lower, go with Metco for same reasons.

The Heat Exchanger you want is LFP brand. You can find it here:
http://lightningforceperformance.com/

I'm not sure on the answer to your last question but I'm sure someone else can help you with that.

..Oh yea, Welcome to the Forum! :beer:

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
with the mods you listed your going to need a dyno tune and probably going to be looking closer at 500 rwhp

*edit: welcome to svtp!

Phantom

El Jeffe 302
Established Member
PWORLDSTANG said:
Here is a site you can pretty much get everything you need at:
http://www.lethalperformance.com/

For your upper pullies and idlers, go with BilletFlow. They have the best quality. Mostly everyone here uses them and likes them best.

For your lower, go with Metco for same reasons.

The Heat Exchanger you want is LFP brand. You can find it here:
http://lightningforceperformance.com/

I'm not sure on the answer to your last question but I'm sure someone else can help you with that.

..Oh yea, Welcome to the Forum! :beer:

Spot-on response:thumbsup:

Rustan

Dude in a Cobra
Established Member
Intercooler tank is not necessary, neither is Evenflow cooling mod but neither hurts to have, cooler is better. IMO straight shot air filters are the way to go. Add a Billetflow IRS brace to that list to keep the IRS in one piece, MGW shifter to click the gears, drag radials to hook up, start saving for the new clutch now, and a upper only pulley with a good tune can get you to 470rwhp so you wouldn't need to do the lower, but don't forget to get the aux idler for better belt wrap.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have to disagree about the LDC cooling mod being a must. Not everyone here has done it (or any other cooling mod), but the majority are making very safe power and have had no issues. I would instead say it is a recommendation. Maybe even a high recommendation to compensate for coolant issues with the stock head. But a necessity? No. If that were the case, the vast majority of folks here would have done it.

Case in point. My original setup driven for two years was 457rwhp and 480rwtq. Then upped to 504rwhp and 494rwtq. No cooling mod. No issues. Nada. The car has been raced occasionally, and since sold twice more. Still running strong. Still very reliable. As far as I know no cooling mod has been done. So again, it is a definite recommendation. But I wouldn't go so far as to say it is a must. That is JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread