New Owner 2011 GT500 Questions

Zims-mustang

Established Member
I previously have had a 2009 Mustang Gt500 and did a intake tune pulley to it for mods. I currently just purchased a white with grabber blue stripes 2011 GT500 with 1000 miles on it. My question is, its got the factory cold air intake, would there be any difference with the JLT Intake? Are the same mods for the 2011 the best mod for the money?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
pulley and tune

the 11+ do not pick up as much from the 07-09s from the same basic mods

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
pulley, tune should get you close if you have 93 oct.

LTs would help as well.

IA Shelby

Established Member
My 11 did 552 with 2.59, jlt123 and cjtb on 91 octane.

Reality is that the CAI and TB only added a small portion of the rwhp. They are great when you start making big power. The factory exhaust flows well until you start getting over 600 rwhp and that is where the shine compared to stock.

The pulley and tune will get you a similar bump to an 09. The reason you can get 100 rwhp from 09 is that approx 40 is credited to adding a CAI. So in essence you picked up 60 from the smaller pulley and tune. A pulley & tune on an 11 with the factory cai can also pick up 60 so when comparing apples to apples they are the same.

My 11 did 654rwhp when I added the VMP TVS with 2.5 pulley. I would call VMP and just go straight to the TVS.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We have the easy answer:

Lethal Performance 2010-2012 GT500 Boost Upgrade Kit

Pulley, Idler + Bracket, custom tune, SCT, and plugs.

If you want to stretch your dollar a little further, I'd go with either one of these:

Lethal Performance GT500 Pulley Pack w/ JLT 123mm Plastic Big Air intake

or

Lethal Performance GT500 Pulley Pack w/ JLT 127mm Carbon Fiber Big Air intake

As previously mentioned, the bulk of the power bump is in the pulley, if you do the intake, it will just optimize everything else, and add a bit more power. Throw a twin 65 throttle body from Ford Racing, and you've got yourself a street beast with a stock blower.

Let us know if there's anything we can help with!

Zims-mustang

Established Member
So a tune and pulley should make about 550whp? I should save the money from the intake and buy some suspension parts? What do you guys recommend for brand and parts?

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Every car will vary, but it should be pretty close to that. Maybe closer to the 530 mark but it's definitely a noticeable increase.

If you hold off on the intake, I would consider Upper/lower control arms to help transfer the power better. BMR is well known name, as well as some others like Steeda, Roush, J&M, ect..

Give us a shout when you're ready to pull the trigger, we'll be happy to help!

91z28350

Established Member
Heat exchanger, #1 foundation for any and every other mod. I personally like the CR that Van sells, YMMV. Might not be sexy, but unless you want a dyno queen, start with cooling, then suspension.

Crushinator

Established Member
My '12 with pulley, tune and JLT 127 did 512 rwhp on 93 octane. Every dyno is different. Just because Joe Blow gets 550 with a pulley and tune, doesn't mean you will. But yes, a pulley and tune and intake are the best basic mods for your car. Followed closesly by better tires in the back. They make a huge difference in acceleration.

Users who are viewing this thread