New Numbers....?

bobafett

Established Member
Added Mac Long tubes and lethal noncat xpipe and retune. Already had borla on.

Went from 397 to 443 (Mustang Dyno)

How do these numbers sound?

Zemedici

Established Member
You were tuned before? Are you pullied? That's crazy high for a mustang dyno for a non pulley car. Of course every dyno is different.

For comparison I put down 366/355 with a catback only on a mustang dyno

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Impressive! All this talk I hear about LT headers not increasing power by that much and that it's not worth the headaches. Op so you gained 46 rwhp going to LT headers and off road x pipe? I doubt I'll get that lucky when I go with ARH LT headers and off road x pipe, and I'm running a bigger blower. But it would be sweet!

bobafett

Established Member
Yea thanks guys, I thought I should be happy with those numbers. The car just sounds amazing now.

bobafett

Established Member
Impressive! All this talk I hear about LT headers not increasing power by that much and that it's not worth the headaches. Op so you gained 46 rwhp going to LT headers and off road x pipe? I doubt I'll get that lucky when I go with ARH LT headers and off road x pipe, and I'm running a bigger blower. But it would be sweet!

I like my mac long tubes, but I know American racing is def some of the best in the biz!

ctgreddy

Established Member

his cars right with the average pullied cars, 443 is probably 455-460 on a dynojet and that's right with most pullied cars whether they have headers or not.

Zemedici

Established Member
his cars right with the average pullied cars, 443 is probably 455-460 on a dynojet and that's right with most pullied cars whether they have headers or not.

Bingo. His car was pullied beforehand but it seems like he had a garbage tune. Once he got dyno tuned it picked up the power frim the pulley. The LTs are good for dropping boost a pound or two, all the while gaining a bit of power. Basically you make MORE power on less boost

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Bingo. His car was pullied beforehand but it seems like he had a garbage tune. Once he got dyno tuned it picked up the power frim the pulley. The LTs are good for dropping boost a pound or two, all the while gaining a bit of power. Basically you make MORE power on less boost

Yeah I hear you. It will be nice to drop boost a little bit, 18 psi is a hair high for my liking on 92 octane. It would be nice to hit the 600 mark but I'm sure I'll fall short again. Maybe if my belt slip is fixed along with the LT headers it might get close.

Zemedici

Established Member
Yeah I hear you. It will be nice to drop boost a little bit, 18 psi is a hair high for my liking on 92 octane. It would be nice to hit the 600 mark but I'm sure I'll fall short again. Maybe if my belt slip is fixed along with the LT headers it might get close.

Psssssst. You and I both know the answer to this. Starts with E and ends with 85 ;-)

But you should be able to hit 600 with a VMP. They make more power than Whipples, and my buddy's whipple made 612 or something like that.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Psssssst. You and I both know the answer to this. Starts with E and ends with 85 ;-)

But you should be able to hit 600 with a VMP. They make more power than Whipples, and my buddy's whipple made 612 or something like that.

Yeah I'm not about to go and try to chase down E85, because there isn't really in my area. But it seems my tvs makes about the same hp as all the whipples around my area. So I'm not really sold in saying the tvs is a superior blower.

Zemedici

Established Member
Yeah I'm not about to go and try to chase down E85, because there isn't really in my area. But it seems my tvs makes about the same hp as all the whipples around my area. So I'm not really sold in saying the tvs is a superior blower.

You guys all have the same tune? From everything i've read, the TVS makes more power than whipples, as i've seen in some real life comparisons. :shrug:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You guys all have the same tune? From everything i've read, the TVS makes more power than whipples, as i've seen in some real life comparisons. :shrug:

Same dyno, same tuner. They showed me dyno graphs of 2.3 whipples running the same boost. But I did have some belt slip at around 6400 rpm's not sure how much more hp I would have made though. Everyone also states the tvs is a tq monster, mine only hit 528.

EDIT: And on pump gas, they said none of the other cobras hit the 600 mark on 17-18 psi. It's a dynojet.

Last edited:

bobafett

Established Member

I agree, I think the car had an extreme conservative tune prior. Owned the car for three years now and the first time a wrench has been laid to it...

Zemedici

Established Member
Same dyno, same tuner. They showed me dyno graphs of 2.3 whipples running the same boost. But I did have some belt slip at around 6400 rpm's not sure how much more hp I would have made though. Everyone also states the tvs is a tq monster, mine only hit 528.

EDIT: And on pump gas, they said none of the other cobras hit the 600 mark on 17-18 psi. It's a dynojet.

sounds like a low reading dyno to me, but of course you'd make more power without belt slip. :beer:

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member

Where do you get your care tuned at? Mines at DB Performance right now getting a dyno tune.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Where do you get your care tuned at? Mines at DB Performance right now getting a dyno tune.

I've always gone to APS. I've heard good things about DB as well. They tune basically anything from imports to corvettes, where as APS basically is a Ford speed shop.

Users who are viewing this thread