New Netflix Series "Dear White People"

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
I think you guys need to calm down a little. If you can't have a sense of humor about yourself then you've fallen to the level of every other snowflake out there. I actually laughed at the blackface part.

Answer this. Imagine making the same show but instead of being against whites it is against blacks then tell people black people to "calm down".

Yeah right. Al Sharpton would have a March then they would terrorize and riot their own streets and blame the damage on whites....

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
A warning for what?

13. Rude and/or profane language is strictly prohibited in all forums except Smack Down, as is bypassing the profanity filter. If you have a concern that something you want to post may be beyond the accepted limits ask a moderator.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
13. Rude and/or profane language is strictly prohibited in all forums except Smack Down, as is bypassing the profanity filter. If you have a concern that something you want to post may be beyond the accepted limits ask a moderator.

Man, go have a snickers and chill out. That wasn't rude nor did I not bypass any filter. I can quote a few "rude" post in this very thread tho if you'd like?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Man, go have a snickers and chill out. That wasn't rude nor did I not bypass any filter. I can quote a few "rude" post in this very thread tho if you'd like?

Please do. And when you find one where someone is calling someone else a Mother****er, please quote it for me.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
Saying mother****er and calling someone mother****er are totally different things. You're offended about a show that you think will group all white people as being racist, but you have @bb83 in here grouping all of "them" together and saying how "they" would act if the roles were reversed. Sure sounds like grouping there huh @HISSMAN ? Something you're against.

Anyway, I'm done with you since you've admitted you don't know what the movie was about and have no interest in the show.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Yay?

Also, I don't think I used the term they, one time. I don't see a they. I see a we. I wish all people did.

Zemedici

Established Member
Vic you're saying if there was a show called

'to black people'

there wouldnt be INSANE controversy over it? Get real.

colin450

Established Member
I don't have humor about myself with this topic, because I am not racist. So I take offense to categorizing white people as racist. I will not watch the movie. I will not watch the show on Netflix. That is my choice, and apparently the choice of a lot of other people. With all that the nation is going through right now, the timing of this show could not be any worse. If it isn't about "white people" being racist, then maybe they should show a clip of that in the trailer as well.

It's a comedy. Meaning it's not meant to be taken seriously nor is it calling YOU a racist. I'm not saying I agree with it. I'm not saying I'm going to watch it. But it sure as hell isn't as big a deal as people are making it out to be.

Answer this. Imagine making the same show but instead of being against whites it is against blacks then tell people black people to "calm down".

Yeah right. Al Sharpton would have a March then they would terrorize and riot their own streets and blame the damage on whites....

I bet any black person with anything representing a sense of humor wouldn't care about a comedy about their race. The rest would be outraged like everyone in this thread.

TheShadow

Hey, you're a funny guy.
Established Member
I have no interest in the show either. And please stop posting asterisks. They offend me.

Zemedici

Established Member
I bet any black person with anything representing a sense of humor wouldn't care about a comedy about their race. The rest would be outraged like everyone in this thread.

wrong.

there'd be riots, the show would be cancelled, netflix execs would get death threats, Obama would have some statement about it, etc etc etc.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
Vic you're saying if there was a show called

'to black people'

there wouldnt be INSANE controversy over it? Get real.

I'm not saying that at all. Hell I remember when Blackish was announced there was some saying WTF is up with that title, me included. I was so hesitant to watch it not knowing what it would be about. Turned out to be a good show.

From what I'm reading here there is controversy over this show. I've seen the movie so I know the plot which may be why I think it'll be a decent show. A mixed girl dating a white guy on at an ivy league school while she struggles with her identity. There is a blackface party on campus and it gets discussed. I'm not sure if you remember but I think a couple of years before the movie came out there was a somewhat big story about a fraternity having a blackface party on a collage campus. So I think that's where part of the story line came from.

Zemedici

Established Member
I'm not saying that at all. Hell I remember when Blackish was announced there was some saying WTF is up with that title, me included. I was so hesitant to watch it not knowing what it would be about. Turned out to be a good show.

From what I'm reading here there is controversy over this show. I've seen the movie so I know the plot which may be why I think it'll be a decent show. A mixed girl dating a white guy on at an ivy league school while she struggles with her identity. There is a blackface party on campus and it gets discussed. I'm not sure if you remember but I think a couple of years before the movie came out there was a somewhat big story about a fraternity having a blackface party on a collage campus. So I think that's where part of the story line came from.

If you understand where we're coming from so well...then why the confusion posted below? Hmm.....

LOL at all the feelings. All because of a title

It just grows tiresome that all these shows / etc blatantly cater to the black populus, yet if there was something equivalent for white guys, it'd be boycotted off the air, etc etc.

Goes back to my 'to black people' TV show plot. I bet it wouldnt even get the pilot episode aired.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
If you understand where we're coming from so well...then why the confusion posted below? Hmm.....

It just grows tiresome that all these shows / etc blatantly cater to the black populus, yet if there was something equivalent for white guys, it'd be boycotted off the air, etc etc.

Goes back to my 'to black people' TV show plot. I bet it wouldnt even get the pilot episode aired.

Being hesitant is different from being totally dismissive IMO.

I know you're joking about the few shows that cater to black people, right?

2KBlackGT

Established Member
And actually I don't want to say they cater to black people, they just have a mostly black cast.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
i find it funny that people are saying this and have no clue what the movie or show is about. Why are some white men so afraid of the change that is happening? Are you afraid that you have to compete for jobs and opportunities instead of them being gifted to you like they were for your dads and granddads?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Users who are viewing this thread