New mustang with new powertrains in high demand

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
* Orders for the 2011 Ford Mustang approach 11,000 in first month order banks are open – triple the number of orders that the 2010 Ford Mustang had at the same point in its launch

* 2011 Mustang V-6s are 50 percent of all orders, up 19 percent versus initial orders in 2010

* First-ever Mustang Club of America (MCA) Special Edition and California Special model demand is triple expectations

DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 25, 2010 – The new 2011 Ford Mustang with all-new powertrains has three times more orders than the 2010 model in its first month, and half of all nationwide orders are for the car’s class-leading 30 mpg 3.7-liter V-6 engine.

“Fuel economy ranks among the top two reasons people choose vehicles,” said Steve Ling, North America Car Marketing manager. “With the 2011 Mustang lineup, we’ve found a way to offer even better fuel efficiency for V-6, GT and even Shelby GT500 performance drivers – while improving performance. And consumers are responding.”

Nearly 11,000 Mustangs have been ordered since order banks opened in late January.

Fifty percent of the 2011 Mustang orders are for V-6 models, which feature a new, high-performance, all-aluminum Duratec 3.7-liter dual overhead-cam (DOHC) Twin Independent Variable Cam Timing (Ti-VCT) engine. This new engine delivers 305 horsepower and an expected best-in-class EPA fuel efficiency of 30 mpg on the highway – a 25 percent improvement versus the 2010 model.

2011 Mustang V-6 order levels are up 19 percent versus the new 2010 model orders.

“The new engine transforms Mustang,” Ling said. “Everything people love about the car lives on, and now under the hood is a V-6 engine that uses premium technology to deliver the power, the feel, the fuel efficiency, even the sound of the best sports cars in the world.”

A first-ever Mustang Club of America (MCA) Special Edition package available on V-6 models generated three times more orders than expected. Plus, “take rates” on the California Special series – which is available on the Mustang GT and harkens back to the original 1968 feature vehicle – are triple the expected rates.

2011 Mustangs also are being equipped with record levels of technology. Navigation is specified on 18 percent of orders. High-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps are on 26 percent of vehicles. Rear-view cameras are on 10 percent – all up from 2010.

For the 2011 model, 41 percent of orders are for Mustang GTs.

The Mustang GT’s modern 5.0-liter four-valve, Ti-VCT V-8 engine delivers 412 horsepower and 390 ft.-lb. of torque. At the same time, fuel economy of 25 mpg highway is projected to be better than the previous model and unsurpassed in the segment.

Approximately 9 percent of the 2011 Mustang orders are for Shelby GT500 models, which are powered by an all-new aluminum-block 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 engine. This produces 550 horsepower and 510 ft.-lb. of torque, a 10 horsepower increase versus the 2010 model. The engine also is 102 pounds lighter than its predecessor, delivering a better power-to-weight ratio, improved fuel economy, acceleration, handling and steering precision.

“Mustang is ready for a new generation of buyers,” Ling said. “With new high-tech and fuel-efficient engines, class-leading connectivity and infotainment options as well as signature style and performance, Mustang is poised to continue its legacy as America’s favorite sports car.”

Dave07997S

Established Member
* Orders for the 2011 Ford Mustang approach 11,000 in first month order banks are open – triple the number of orders that the 2010 Ford Mustang had at the same point in its launch

* 2011 Mustang V-6s are 50 percent of all orders, up 19 percent versus initial orders in 2010

* First-ever Mustang Club of America (MCA) Special Edition and California Special model demand is triple expectations

DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 25, 2010 – The new 2011 Ford Mustang with all-new powertrains has three times more orders than the 2010 model in its first month, and half of all nationwide orders are for the car’s class-leading 30 mpg 3.7-liter V-6 engine.

“Fuel economy ranks among the top two reasons people choose vehicles,” said Steve Ling, North America Car Marketing manager. “With the 2011 Mustang lineup, we’ve found a way to offer even better fuel efficiency for V-6, GT and even Shelby GT500 performance drivers – while improving performance. And consumers are responding.”

Nearly 11,000 Mustangs have been ordered since order banks opened in late January.

Fifty percent of the 2011 Mustang orders are for V-6 models, which feature a new, high-performance, all-aluminum Duratec 3.7-liter dual overhead-cam (DOHC) Twin Independent Variable Cam Timing (Ti-VCT) engine. This new engine delivers 305 horsepower and an expected best-in-class EPA fuel efficiency of 30 mpg on the highway – a 25 percent improvement versus the 2010 model.

2011 Mustang V-6 order levels are up 19 percent versus the new 2010 model orders.

“The new engine transforms Mustang,” Ling said. “Everything people love about the car lives on, and now under the hood is a V-6 engine that uses premium technology to deliver the power, the feel, the fuel efficiency, even the sound of the best sports cars in the world.”

A first-ever Mustang Club of America (MCA) Special Edition package available on V-6 models generated three times more orders than expected. Plus, “take rates” on the California Special series – which is available on the Mustang GT and harkens back to the original 1968 feature vehicle – are triple the expected rates.

2011 Mustangs also are being equipped with record levels of technology. Navigation is specified on 18 percent of orders. High-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps are on 26 percent of vehicles. Rear-view cameras are on 10 percent – all up from 2010.

For the 2011 model, 41 percent of orders are for Mustang GTs.

The Mustang GT’s modern 5.0-liter four-valve, Ti-VCT V-8 engine delivers 412 horsepower and 390 ft.-lb. of torque. At the same time, fuel economy of 25 mpg highway is projected to be better than the previous model and unsurpassed in the segment.

Approximately 9 percent of the 2011 Mustang orders are for Shelby GT500 models, which are powered by an all-new aluminum-block 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 engine. This produces 550 horsepower and 510 ft.-lb. of torque, a 10 horsepower increase versus the 2010 model. The engine also is 102 pounds lighter than its predecessor, delivering a better power-to-weight ratio, improved fuel economy, acceleration, handling and steering precision.

“Mustang is ready for a new generation of buyers,” Ling said. “With new high-tech and fuel-efficient engines, class-leading connectivity and infotainment options as well as signature style and performance, Mustang is poised to continue its legacy as America’s favorite sports car.”

I read this as well on Yahoo. It shows a lot of people that wanted a 2010 probably held off because they knew the new powertrains were coming. The Camaro guys are going to hate it as the Mustang will retake the sales king crown.
Dave

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Let'em work the 1st year bug out IMO. The second year run always seems to have some nice improvements.

Lord Warlock

Established Member
already have a terminator, black, pullied to 13psi, and tuned to 434hp 449tq. Considering buying an automatic GT, that i can supercharge at a later date if needed. Getting close to the same hp, and probably similar performance for everyday use, but a different shape, and different color would be a nice change. The term and prev 00GT looks have played out to me. Its a GT or a Challenger R/T, had a mustang last 8 yrs not sure if i want the same for the next 6 to 8 yrs. Drove an 82 5.0 in 84-93, stealth tt 93-02 and stangs since, I'm tempted to give up some power for comfort. Its a daily driver not a race car. I can play with the stealth or charger r/t i already keep around, the terminator isn't going to be around 30 years like the charger has.

I wasn't impressed enough with the 2009GT to make me want to switch out of a cobra for a regular gt, but a 400hp GT would be close enough to consider.

rexisme

Established Member
start shoppin for a terminator.

You people and your terminators crack me up. Yes they're awesome cars but let's face it. They're dated, all of you need to get over yourselves. I'll take a brand new 400 hp n/a car with 0 miles over your terminator any day.

Lord Warlock

Established Member
comparing the 11 with a terminator is only natural, since they both have roughly the same amount of power, and you can't compare the shelby with the gt. I don't think we need to get over ourselves, and a car that is 6 years old is hardly dated, the new gt isn't technologically superior to the terminator, its just a different motor.

My 91 Stealth Turbo is more technologicially advanced than a 2010 mustang. and probably the 2011 too, but it IS dated at 19 years old. I'll drive the term across country, i won't drive the stealth that far. Then again i don't drive my charger R/T across the state either, gas is too expensive with a 440 magnum.

I've decided to try something different than mustang for a few years, maybe i'll get a new one in a couple years, or get a used shelby instead.

Last edited:

BleedBlueOval

Established Member
comparing the 11 with a terminator is only natural, since they both have roughly the same amount of power, and you can't compare the shelby with the gt. I don't think we need to get over ourselves, and a car that is 6 years old is hardly dated, the new gt isn't technologically superior to the terminator, its just a different motor.

My 91 Stealth Turbo is more technologicially advanced than a 2010 mustang. and probably the 2011 too, but it IS dated at 19 years old. I'll drive the term across country, i won't drive the stealth that far. Then again i don't drive my charger R/T across the state either, gas is too expensive with a 440 magnum.

I've decided to try something different than mustang for a few years, maybe i'll get a new one in a couple years, or get a used shelby instead.

stop sipping that termi koolaid. i hardly doubt you've ever been inside a 2010+
:poke: :bash: :rollseyes

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
You people and your terminators crack me up. Yes they're awesome cars but let's face it. They're dated, all of you need to get over yourselves. I'll take a brand new 400 hp n/a car with 0 miles over your terminator any day.
LOL, no doubt! the only thing the terminator really has going for it over the '11 GT is the supercharger, pistons, and rods. other than that, the '11 is euqal or better.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
I know the Flatrock plant went down to 1 shift due to a lack of orders, I wonder if the 2011 orders will sustain a 2nd shift now?

TERMIN8TR

Established Member

2 TOTALLY different vehicles, I've owned an 05 coupe and an 06 gt and I still own my Terminator.

The 05 + up platform is lightyears ahead of the 99-04 platform

I doubt that...lol.....I wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with that car. My 06 GT got 26 mpg on the highway

Try a toyota i hear they have great acceleration

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
I read this as well on Yahoo. It shows a lot of people that wanted a 2010 probably held off because they knew the new powertrains were coming. The Camaro guys are going to hate it as the Mustang will retake the sales king crown.
Dave
:thumbsup: :rockon:

.Try a toyota i hear they have great acceleration
nice !!!! :D

Lord Warlock

Established Member
I've driven a 2010, I haven't driven a 2011 yet, and probably won't bother.

You wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with a stealth turbo? the car easily outruns the terminator above 120mph, the term has it in the quarter though. (not by much either, the tt dynos at 430AWHP, I didn't say it was stock, and i've owned it since new. I'd much rather be seen in the stealth than a mustang gt of any year, but they stopped making them, and they got too expensive near the end of manufacture. I've driven mustangs for 30 years now, I've owned 4 different generations of mustangs, but i also own mopars.
If you were inferring that you wouldn't hit the dog in the ass with a 69 Charger R/T Special Edition 440/4bbl, then you are obviously deranged and should be isolated with said dog. I'll drive my charger for attention ANY day of the week and get more attention than I would with the 04 term, or any stang other than a 60s shelby.

I can slap 3 dogs asses with cars of my own, how about yourself?

We'll see what a new challenger performs with a kb unit on it, I imagine it will be as good as the term ever was while i owned it.

Last edited:

Cobra Jay

Got Boost?
Established Member
start shoppin for a terminator.

Why? They are no better than the N/A <------ '11 5.0

SOME of them are the most arrogant F$%#S I swear to God! :nonono:

I know the Flatrock plant went down to 1 shift due to a lack of orders,

I wonder if the 2011 orders will sustain a 2nd shift now?

You do know that they build more than just the Mustang at AAI in Flatrock?

Possibly.

The Mustang won't be built at AAI much longer.

I've driven a 2010, I haven't driven a 2011 yet, and probably won't bother.

You wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with a stealth turbo? the car easily outruns the terminator above 120mph, the term has it in the quarter though. (not by much either, the tt dynos at 430AWHP, I didn't say it was stock, and i've owned it since new. I'd much rather be seen in the stealth than a mustang gt of any year, but they stopped making them, and they got too expensive near the end of manufacture. I've driven mustangs for 30 years now, I've owned 4 different generations of mustangs, but i also own mopars.
If you were inferring that you wouldn't hit the dog in the ass with a 69 Charger R/T Special Edition 440/4bbl, then you are obviously deranged and should be isolated with said dog. I'll drive my charger for attention ANY day of the week and get more attention than I would with the 04 term, or any stang other than a 60s shelby.

I can slap 3 dogs asses with cars of my own, how about yourself?

We'll see what a new challenger performs with a kb unit on it, I imagine it will be as good as the term ever was while i owned it.

Other than what you said about the 69 R/T SE Charger turning heads, What kind of F'in drugs are you on man? You're so delusional it's not even funny :bash: You don't have the slightest clue :loser:

Yea TERMIN8TR, I agree- This Ass clown ^^^^^^ needs a Toyoyo

Users who are viewing this thread