New member to the family here

DrTaco

Established Member
Hey all,

Im new to the boards, but been a Cobra lover for years. Today I can say I am the PROUD owner of a 2003 BLACK Terminator Cobra! I couldn't believe it, I got called this morning by the local Ford dealer to let me know they had a Cobra in stock (got it in on Sat). I was #5 on the list, and by the time I got in there 2 people were there looking. Since Ive been smart with my money, had 16,000miles on my 04 GT vert for trade in and played it cool, I came out on top! She has 30,000miles on the body and 1,000mi on the engine. Yup, you heard me right!!! Ford put in a brand new engine in Jan of 2008, and it has 1000 miles! I also have included the 75,000mi warranty on it, on top of the 3 year warranty extended warranty. Needless to say, she is GORGEOUS. Minor interior work that is being fixed by Ford, and a PERFECT exterior. To sweeten the deal, I also have 4 brand new tires and brakes being put on as we speak. Well, just thought I would share my happiness! Im hoping all you vets out there will make room for some stupid noob questions and share some years of knowledge. Thanks again & looking forward to meeting you all.

Mark

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Welcome and don't worry about that warranty. You'll be voiding it before long.

04cobra13

Established Member
congrats on a great buy....oh yah and dont call it a termi....u go outside or in ur garage...look at the COBRA and say"its a termi"....yah i didnt think so.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
I was going to ask how much, but hell you got a good warranty with it. Knowing Ford :bash: you may need it. Considering it's got a new motor already. Either way sounds like an awesome deal.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to the forum. Come back often and do a lot of browsing and searching because there is a ton of info here. Sounds like you are very happy with your new Cobra. Take some time to get used to it before you even think about any mods. Because you WILL think about mods soon enough. LOL!

Also, if you're new to the Terminator take a few minutes to read my Terminator FAQ page. It is pretty helpful to new owners. Here's the link. http://www.stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Yes go to Bob's FAQ page and check it out. SVTP is an excellent site and for the most part you will find awesome info and helpful people on here. Enjoy your new Cobra bro, you will love it. SEMPER FI!

04CobraMatt

Established Member
Just curious why it needed a new engine? Are you sure they changed the whole thing or maybe just the heads?

Ltd10th03cobra

3.4 Whipple Crusher 22psi
Established Member
Welcome, this site is one of the most active car sites I've been on. It does have alot of info as stated. Thats nice the car has a new motor. That warranty is definently going to be voided within a few months. I would buy a Whipple or Kenne Bell for the car. It will solidify your purchase decision. I am with them on not calling it a "termi". No matter how much gas prices go up I will keep the cobra. Its just way to fun to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread