New Linkin Park

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I really like their new single also. Its reminiscent of the old days (even has a rap run by mike shinoda) and the band says they promise to get back to their roots with this album after ding their electronic infusion trial with their last two. I have good hopes for this one.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Linkin' Park used to jam! Looking forward to some new material from them.

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Favorite band at one point. Too bad that "point" was like 6 years agai when HT/Meteora was blaring through my head phones. I agree, this new album may be a step forward in the right direction. But since MTM, I'm not remotely getting my hopes up :/

Couldnt agree more

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
The new album is shit. (Living things)

Your hopes, like mine. Were crushed. The new one is such shit it isn't worth being put under a leaking diff to soak up gear oil.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The new album is shit. (Living things)

Your hopes, like mine. Were crushed. The new one is such shit it isn't worth being put under a leaking diff to soak up gear oil.
Album is out already or was it a leak?
Burn it down made my hopes slightly higher especially after two lackluster albums.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
+1.

Although Rage Against the Machine pulled off that mix beautifully (one of my favorite bands of all time :rockon:)

I agree I hope this new Linkin Park gets back to the roots of Hybrid Theory/Meteora, I want to relive my late highschool/early college music days!

Rise Against also mixes it well IMO.

I listened to the 'world premier' on a local radio station and didn't like it. But, the more I hear it, the more I like it. They also did a cover of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" that was phenomenal; I honestly don't mind the new direction they're going in, you can't be angst-ridden teens forever.

04owmach

Established Member
My brother and i used to take our sunday drive to these guys (hybrid theory) days.... nothing like the sound of a porsche 944 and then a 93 5.0 screaming down the backroads and linkin park rockin out through 2 12's

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Rise Against also mixes it well IMO.

I listened to the 'world premier' on a local radio station and didn't like it. But, the more I hear it, the more I like it. They also did a cover of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" that was phenomenal; I honestly don't mind the new direction they're going in, you can't be angst-ridden teens forever.
Ahh yes Rise Against one of my favorite recent bands :rockon:
Don't forget System of a Down, another great band possibly my favorite of all time that mixes politics and music very well.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Ahh yes Rise Against one of my favorite recent bands :rockon:
Don't forget System of a Down, another great band possibly my favorite of all time that mixes politics and music very well.

Agreed

As far as this new album, I heard maybe one song that I thought was ok.... I still stand by the statements I said back in may

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Also heard the new album. It's a better album than ATS but that doesn't say much..... it's on par with some better songs than MTM..
Will skip on this album, very disappointed

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I am pretty sure I heard that in an elevator today.

I too dig their older stuff but the newer not so much. I rememeber playing the collision course DVD at every Party we used to throw back in the party days.

Edit: I just listened to their remake of rolling in the deep and i couldn't tell it was a guy singing.

[youtube_browser]irAE5LIM-gY[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread