New Linkin Park

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
About time.

Ive been a LP fan since Hybrid Theory, but have fallen off in the recent albums. Really hope this next one brings it back to Hybrid Theory/Reanimation/Meteora days......wont hold my breath though.

This is the first song in a while that ive enjoyed from them.

[youtube_browser]zgEKLhvCCVA[/youtube_browser]

You heard it here first!

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
IMO they went down hill after meteora. Nothing has sounded the same after that. Minutes to midnight had a few good songs on it but, I really don't see them going back to how they used to be. Most bands IMO, when they "reinvent" their image and sound, never go back to how they used to be and what they were first known for.

This song is "ok", but, nothing exciting for me.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I wish they were still metal/rap like in hybrid theory and meteora. Minutes to midnight has a few good songs and a thousand suns was terrible. They changed their sound completely and it's terrible. Im listening to papercut right now and I think its so much better than this new song

EL Conquistador

Established Member
I didn't really care for their past two albums either, but after i heard this a couple weeks ago I decided I'd go see them again at river bend in Cincinnati when the Honda civic tour rolls through in August. I have to say I've been to a lot of concerts but LP puts on one of the best live shows I've seen

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Maybe theyll do a mix album, like they did with Reanimation, Collision Course (jayZ), they can do this album with all the Dubstep guys. Would love to see LP vs Skrillex, Deadmau5, Bassnectar, Rusko, Flux Pavillion, etc.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
The new album is supposed to be a mixup of hybrid theory and meteora. I didn't buy their latest album. They really dropped the ball on it. But I'm hopeful for this new one. Totally dig the new single. Have the album preordered on iTunes, so it better be good lol.

zapman

Established Member
def. didnt hear it here first, but anyways I've been a linkin park fan since the beginning and I'm hoping that they mean it when they said this album is supposed to go back to their roots! And I agree, they do put on an amazing live show!

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
IMO they went down hill after meteora. Nothing has sounded the same after that. Minutes to midnight had a few good songs on it but, I really don't see them going back to how they used to be. Most bands IMO, when they "reinvent" their image and sound, never go back to how they used to be and what they were first known for.

This song is "ok", but, nothing exciting for me.

I agree 100%! They are one of my all time favorite bands just from what they did from Hybrid Theory through a few songs in Minutes to Midnight. Everything after that is crap :-/ They just started getting too political after that and it ruined them. That's 2 things you just don't put together IMO, music and politics. Points of Authority on Hybrid Theory is still probably my favorite, or In the End.

Don't really care for this new song, sounds like junk.

Last edited:

95riosnake

Established Member
That's 2 things you just don't put together IMO, music and politics.

+1.

Although Rage Against the Machine pulled off that mix beautifully (one of my favorite bands of all time :rockon:)

I agree I hope this new Linkin Park gets back to the roots of Hybrid Theory/Meteora, I want to relive my late highschool/early college music days!

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I loved the old stuff, but what happened to these guys???

I don't like this song.:shrug:

E

bull3441

Established Member
The song has been out 3 weeks and there's 5 million views. How did we hear it here first?

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Fooled me.

I thought this was a song I haven't already heard.

I've seen LP live a couple of times.. and best live performance/show I have ever seen, asides from Skrillex.

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
Favorite band at one point. Too bad that "point" was like 6 years agai when HT/Meteora was blaring through my head phones. I agree, this new album may be a step forward in the right direction. But since MTM, I'm not remotely getting my hopes up :/

Users who are viewing this thread