new lightning owner

redz_02

Established Member
k guys, got my 2003 stock L last week and i love this truck, traded in my 96 z71 and my 02 Z28 and i have no idea why i didn't buy a lightning in the first place. paid 29,000 with 9,000 miles, sounds kind of high but we don't have an svt dealership here and they paid off both my loans, which i owed 4000 over retail on the z71 because of a rust problem.

Anyways, looking into a catback for a better tone and some nicer tips. Choices are borla, magnaflow, and mac. The mac kit seems better because of the polished tips and the 250 price tag. How do these kits sound, have heard good things about all 3 other than the borla sounds like stock.

thanks guys

OH-MAN

Established Member
I have the bassani as well and like it a lot if the price is too much the maggy is the next choice. I do not like the borla (too quiet ) and have not heard the mac, some have had rusting problems with them but I have never seen one so it's all up to you

redz_02

Established Member
well price is kind of a concern, the bassanni is a very nice system from what i hear and see. Only problem is i am building an 87 fox body race car and it is pulling alot of my funds. I liked the borla on my z28 but it was only loud when i had no plate in the exhaust (almost striaght pipe) but it seems like the magnaflow is my top choice at the moment.

Thanks for the welcome

Users who are viewing this thread