NEW! LFP Racing Radiator Install

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
NEW! LFP Extreme Performance Radiator Install

Well I got one of the first Extreme Performance Radiators from Mark@LFP so I decided to put together a comprehensive How-To for those of you who might want to look into getting one of these beauties.

I tried to get everything as accurate as possible, but it's been a long day, so if I've made any boo-boo's please forgive me. Also some of the pics are a little blurry, too much coffee and beer I guess. :beer:

Here is the direct Link to the Web Page I created.

http://www.prodata-net.com/2003Cobra/LFPRadiatorInstall/index.htm

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

is this radiator any larger than stock? do you have any side by side comparisons? I assume it is since the ABS has to be moved. Is it any thicker?

great write-up.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Yes they do, I've got them both installed. There is a new design for the Intercooler Tank I believe that has a slightly longer bracket on the tank. If you had the older design tank you can re-position the 2 bolt holes to work with the thicker radiator.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I forgot to take some pics of the 2 units together, but here are a couple pics I swiped off of ModularFords.Com from the prototype install that was done by another guy.

OEMandLFP1.jpg

OEMandLFP2.jpg

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Here is what I've noticed sofar as far as Tempuratures, this is by no means a scientific test, just observations while driving.

My normal operating tempurature while in stop and go traffic seems to run about 10 degrees cooler on average, about 195.

I can do a little spirited driving and my tempurature will increase to about 210.

But here is the cool part that my car never ever was able to do. After the spirited driving, if I get on the Freeway and drive normally at 70-75 MPH and I can watch my temperature go from 210 to 180 in about 10-15 minutes and stay there.

Before my normal operating tempurature while driving on the Freeway use to be 210, and higher if I was getting on it, or it was a very hot day, I never ever saw it cool down at all.

Last edited:

Bob Cosby

Established Member
BLK03SVT10TH said:
Here is what I've noticed sofar as far as Tempuratures, this is by no means a scientific test, just observations while driving.

My normal operating tempurature while in stop and go traffic seems to run about 10 degrees cooler on average, about 195.

I can do a little spirited driving and my tempurature will increase to about 210.

But here is the cool part that my car never ever was able to do. After the spirited driving, if I get on the Freeway and drive normally at 70-75 MPH and I can watch my temperature go from 210 to 180 in about 10-15 minutes and stay there.

Before my normal operating tempurature while driving on the Freeway use to be 210, and higher if I was getting on it, or it was a very hot day, I never ever saw it cool down at all.

Good info, thanks. My I ask what you are using to monitor coolant temps?

Thanks.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I know it's not exactly ideal or the most accurate, and like I posted earlier, this is not a scientrific test, the Coolant Temp's are being read off of my AutoMeter Lunar Gauge with the Sensor Mounted in the Crossover Tube.

I do plan to do future mods to upgrade the cooling system further (Evans Pump, Water Inlet, etc...)

2rbotech

Established Member
BLK03SVT10TH said:

Did you noticed any change in the IAT2 temperature? What State are you at? BTW great writeup, very informative, bud :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread