New LED lights on my 20ft Angler

dadro77

Deez nuts....
Established Member
Sweet, I was born in Coral springs, But I grew up in Stuart (Jupiter, Hobe Sound area) I went home on leave last year and my dad had a 32' Contender brand new sitting in the drive way. I almost had a stroke. Can't wait to move back! Congrats on the fish!

Sweet!! Thanks for your service man!! Contender is a hell of a boat...

Not sure about Florida but in other states it is illegal to fish while shining lights into the water.

Sweet mod to your Dexter boat though!

Ya, I heard that, crazy. In the keys we use lights for shrimping too when they run. They get real thick usually a few days before or after a full moon. See their eyes with the lights and net them. Fill a few buckets full and have a feast!

Love me some dolphin and yellow tail!! I need to look into the red lights for my flats boat. That would make it real easy on the eyes at night.

The red worked out really well. I had them on all night and it is just enough so you can see. Bad ass...

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Sweet!! Thanks for your service man!! Contender is a hell of a boat...

Ya, I heard that, crazy. In the keys we use lights for shrimping too when they run. They get real thick usually a few days before or after a full moon. See their eyes with the lights and net them. Fill a few buckets full and have a feast!

The red worked out really well. I had them on all night and it is just enough so you can see. Bad ass...

I bet!

I love me some Shrimp!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Really nice LED lighting. And not a bad fish haul, either. :rockon:

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Btw, is that a Lowrance HDS 7 Touch I see? I have one on my boat but rarely use the side scan. I was wondering how much easier it would be to see openings in reefs at the edge of deep water using the side scan or down scan. If that would make it easier to set up anchor so you could allow your chum to drop back in the current through the reef opening. It used to be such a pain in the ass setting up to drag yellow tail off the reef.

dadro77

Deez nuts....
Established Member
Btw, is that a Lowrance HDS 7 Touch I see? I have one on my boat but rarely use the side scan. I was wondering how much easier it would be to see openings in reefs at the edge of deep water using the side scan or down scan. If that would make it easier to set up anchor so you could allow your chum to drop back in the current through the reef opening. It used to be such a pain in the ass setting up to drag yellow tail off the reef.

Its a lowrance, but it came with the boat and the LCD screen is shot. I just know some spots in the keys. In the day, can hardly see the depth, lol

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Ahh.. that sucks. But, that's pretty much why I replaced my old unit. It had a big burn spot in the middle, you know, right where the boat is supposed to be. :beer:

dadro77

Deez nuts....
Established Member
Ahh.. that sucks. But, that's pretty much why I replaced my old unit. It had a big burn spot in the middle, you know, right where the boat is supposed to be. :beer:

Yep, started as a dot, and grew. I'll get another one someday, I only go to a few spots I know around there ar the sand bar. If I go off shore I go on my Dad's 32......

Users who are viewing this thread