New LCA Bobs Autosports

athlon551

Established Member
Just got these put on. Only thing i noticed that the stockers were no where close to 130ft/pounds.

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

Last edited:

bull3441

Established Member
They are great LCA's. My car is quiet as can be in the rear, much better than the Steeda's I had.

NuclearPower

Established Member
Just installed my Black annodized yesterday, been sitting in the garage for about 6 months now:nonono:. Much better quality than stock! The wieght savings is noticable. My stockers were also no where near 130# (2012). Anybody know if the FRPP relocation bracket will work with the Bob's LCA?

Steve, how's it coming on the strut tower brace?

NuclearPower

Established Member
Now that you have them on, did you notice any whistling type sound that was not there before? After I installed mine I had a distinct low tone whistle that you can only hear with the windows up and the radio turned down. Any chance you hear the same thing? Also, do you have grease coming out of the seam between the 2 pieces of aluminum on the rear bushing?

firekiller

Established Member
I just installed a set acouple of weeks ago. They went on smooth and ride great and look awesome. Noticable difference in traction as well. Would highly recommend these for anyone. I did not weigh them but a very noticable difference in weight as well. Thanks Van these are fantastic.

NuclearPower

Established Member
Just wanted to post up that after about 7000 miles I had to regrease the zerk fittings. I heard the bushings sqeaking and made sure that the bolts were tight, then regreased and sqeak went away. These things are great...:banana:

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Thumbs up from me! Look nice even though you really can't see them after lowering the car. No noise, no whistle.

shelbysvt

Established Member
They are great LCA's. My car is quiet as can be in the rear, much better than the Steeda's I had.

Did the steeda you had make noise? And these don't?

I was about to give up on steeda and just get the roush rubber ones but now I'm back to these since they weigh 3 pounds and apparently make no noise.

Can anyone else comment if these have ever made noises for you?

snake_handler

Established Member
I have had the Steeda LCAs on my car since I got it and never had any noise issues from them. My tires on the other hand sound like a truck going down the road.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
They are on sale right now and if you order before 3pm est they will ship today as well :D

RLB01

Established Member
This model of Bob's LCA looks great. Have a set of Steeda LCA's on my 2007 for three years with no noise.

shelbysvt

Established Member
So what is the better LCA? The bobs is more attractive to me because it weighs only 3 pounds.

But then how is the quality of the bushings? Can anyone comment on bushing quality between bobs and steeda?

Steve@BAS

Established Member
So what is the better LCA? The bobs is more attractive to me because it weighs only 3 pounds.

But then how is the quality of the bushings? Can anyone comment on bushing quality between bobs and steeda?

Bob's uses a high quality, high durometer bushing manufactured by Prothane. They are one of the best urethane manufacturers out there.

Also look at the difference in the thickness of the metal sleeve between the two brands.

I don't want to keep going, because I'm obliviously bias, both are good brands. I can say for sure that the Bob's are 100% made in USA. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread