New Jersey town to fine out of town drivers

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
....yeah. haha. Not really sure how they can justify that being a legal thing. 60 streets? Lol.

Perhaps the city and state need to look at making a road to bypass the town. Elevated roadway or business loop or anything.

If I were a business, I'd figure out a way to maximize my profits from 15,000 ppl driving past my business twice a day.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
A section of Article 4 of the Articles of Confederation reads the following -

"The better to secure and perpetuate mutual friendship and intercourse among the people of the different states in this union, the free inhabitants of each of these states, paupers, vagabonds and fugitives from justice excepted, shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of free citizens in the several states; and the people of each state shall have free ingress and regress to and from any other state, and shall enjoy therein all the privileges of trade and commerce, subject to the same duties, impositions and restrictions as the inhabitants thereof respectively, provided that such restriction shall not extend so far as to prevent the removal of property imported into any state, to any other state, of which the Owner is an inhabitant; provided also that no imposition, duties or restriction shall be laid by any state, on the property of the united states, or either of them."

Given that, I can't imagine how the courts will uphold the law.

What is ridiculous also is that people will make their own yellow tags and probably get fined for that when they are discovered as fake.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
They're out of their minds. Nothing like that could ever be accomplished. 99% of the traffic in that town and the surrounding is NJ traffic.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Nothing kills businesses quicker than stuff like this. Dumb. I hope it passes and is held up. These assclowns deserve it.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I was laughing my ass off when my sister in law told me the news on Christmas day from her home in Leonia NJ. That town is so screwed up. Some times it takes her about 2 hours to go 5 miles during rush hour traffic. But I grew up in that county and like the old saying goes you sleep in the bed that you made. I don't feel sorry for that town at all and their property taxes average over 12K a year. My sister in law pays 16K a year on her home. Told her its time to get out or burn your house down....lol. Its great for me now because I don't have to go to that stupid ass town any more on the holidays.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
One has to be concerned over the lawmakers and legal counsel who came up with this idea. What these people want to do is clear as day discrimination.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
One has to be concerned over the lawmakers and legal counsel who came up with this idea. What these people want to do is clear as day discrimination.

You have to realize that Leonia NJ is an ultra liberal democratic town in a county called Bergen County NJ that is also ultra liberal and reminds me of San Francisco. I know because I grew up in that county but moved out 35 years ago to a better part of this cesspool state. Most of my wife's relatives still live there and I hate going there anytime of the year.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I predict car break-ins and theft of yellow tags will increase dramatically. lol

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
You have to realize that Leonia NJ is an ultra liberal democratic town in a county called Bergen County NJ that is also ultra liberal and reminds me of San Francisco. I know because I grew up in that county but moved out 35 years ago to a better part of this cesspool state. Most of my wife's relatives still live there and I hate going there anytime of the year.

I've unfortunately been over certain places in Jersey like Oak Ridge, Fair Lawn, Hawthorne, Glen Rock, Ridgewood, etc.., My father and I used to rile up his wife and her liberal friends with ease and that was up until the early 00's. I won't even go into detail when Bush defeated Manbearpig. I can't imagine how ridiculous they are today.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I've unfortunately been over certain places in Jersey like Oak Ridge, Fair Lawn, Hawthorne, Glen Rock, Ridgewood, etc.., My father and I used to rile up his wife and her liberal friends with ease and that was up until the early 00's. I won't even go into detail when Bush defeated Manbearpig. I can't imagine how ridiculous they are today.

Familiar with all those towns. I grew up in Fair Lawn. I got out of there in 1983 thankfully.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I was born and raised in NJ and moved to America in 2001. I think that qualifies me to say there is nothing redeeming about the entire state, except Atco and the pizza.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Hahahaha, good ****ing luck officers. I would lawyer up ahead of time and drive my happy ass right down their main street. A nice 6 figure payout for emotional pain and suffering sounds nice.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
"Tom Rowe, the city’s police chief, said as many as 15,000 cars travel through the town every day. The population of the community is about 9,200 with 18 police officers."

Um, how are 18 police officers going to hand out fines to 15,000+ drivers every day. Maybe they'll be using a lottery system. Or go after certain model cars or certain colors. LOL. I can see a class-action lawsuit brewing over this one.

Users who are viewing this thread