New hood and spoiler???

Trader

Established Member
I wonder what a Cobra R hood and a Mach 1 spoiler would look like on a 03 Cobra. Any photo shop people able to fix one up?

park1%20_4_.jpg

park1%20_6_.jpg

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
which cobra R hood? The 95R or the 00R? I think the 00R would look ok, but not the mach 1 spoiler! Our type of spoiler gives our car a unique look. It really blends in with the shape of the car, if you put the mach spoiler it will look more like a GT from the back. Besides, isn't the mach1 spoiler a GT spoiler but always in black?

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
I wouldn't do either. It's an '03 Cobra. I think it should be left that way. Just my .02$!

Trader

Established Member
I saw a pic of a GT on stangnet with a cobra r hood. I thought i looked pretty damned good. I am just tossing around ideas on how to take the blahness out of the car. Maybe it is the color. I just do not get excited when i look at the car. It is just a little too bland looking.

I think i saw a pic of the saleen 03. I like that look. Either some new body parts or a different paint job is in order. Maybe some ghost flames. I dunno just tossing up ideas.

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
Originally posted by Trader
<SNIP>I am just tossing around ideas on how to take the blahness out of the car. Maybe it is the color. I just do not get excited when i look at the car. It is just a little too bland looking.

Have you considered tinting the windows. That really makes the car look better IMO.

joeclams9

Established Member
I think part of the romance involved with owning a mustang is the moddability inside and out. I also feel that part of that romance includes the ease of ability to distinguish your horse from the breed. The 03/04 cobra is another mustang that is seen alot, and as such, even though it looks great in its stock package, I see no reason not to desire changing the way it looks here and there simply because its supercharged stock. It's not like its a cobra R, if u want to change the hood or wing..go with what u like, it will still be an 03, and still be awesome.

joe

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
My point is why try and make it look like a Cobra R if it isn't? That's like the V6's trying to look like a Cobra.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I don't really see anything wrong with putting what you want on the car, but for me, I love how the car looks. I love the hood, front/rear bumber, spoiler and everything! Our car has such an aggresive stance. So what I am going to do is buy our stock exterior parts in carbon fibre, like our hood, or our trunk/spoiler in CF. . .ect. That way the car will still have the same look but will loose some lbs.

joeclams9

Established Member
Well..i agree that the car looks agressive as is, don't get me wrong. But I disagree with the cobra R arguement. Getting just the hood doesnt make it look like the cobra R and the other nice thing about getting those pieces is that the R only comes in one color..so it would be a big to do to go that far. And I think its ok to do something small like just the hood or whatever furthermore, because where a v6 will not perform like the cobra, a cobra can certainly perform like the R. Lets also remember that the R itself is an insane version of the cobra, so adding some of the R's flavor to the car its based upon is no crime.

I think your idea is great Kevin, carbon fiber parts are great for weight and what not and it is certainly something i would think of in your position. At the same time though, the mustang is a car of many many sub classes, and even the cobra in its own smaller sub class, for some people, still needs to be differentiated from the other snakes in the pit.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
thanks joe, I think the car would look great with some CF. SHM already has the CF hood availible, now we just need to wait for the trunk/spoiler.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Anyone have pictures of a 03 Cobra with a GT/V6 wing/trunk? A woman where I work just bought a brand new DSG V6, those trunk decks could be swapped in a half hour.

joeclams9

Established Member
Well, one thing i wonder though, just like they were having a problem with the saleen bumper and what not...these pieces, though they have the same mounting points, probably aren't going to be compatable yet. Do companies make an R or any hood for that matter with the 03 cobra front bumper in mind so as not to get that miss fit on the front grill area?...

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
Originally posted by Trader
I am just tossing around ideas on how to take the blahness out of the car. Maybe it is the color. I just do not get excited when i look at the car. It is just a little too bland looking.

I think your car looks good. Silver is just a better showroom color than sunlight color. Showroom light gives it a nice luster but somehow it loses depth in sunlight.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Probably get slammed for this, but I think the GT hood would look better than the stock Cobra hood.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
:bash: this is me slamming you, j/k. Seriously though, you really think that?

Yeah. Think the single forward facing scoop looks meaner, gives it an old school muscle car look.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I totally agree. Plus, the GT hood scoop is not even functional, its a fake scoop, our hoods are fully functional.

hj16

Established Member
Think the single forward facing scoop looks meaner, gives it an old school muscle car look.
Thats the exact same response I got from each of my friends after I got the snake. But then again, they all drive Big Blocks from the 60s and like the scoops much better.

Users who are viewing this thread