new here, original owner 98 vert BAB

richstang

Established Member
Hey guys, go easy on me. I don't know how to post pics here yet. I'm the original owner of a '98 Cobra 'vert in Bright Atlantic Blue. It has just over 18k miles and it's basically all stock. I hate the factory ride height but love the softer ride (much smoother than my lightly modded fox vert) so I've left it alone. :rollseyes I would have lowered it but don't want to put CC plates on it and screw up the engine compartment paint. :shrug: It is seriously clean. I've also toyed with getting rear spacers to push out the rear wheels flush with the quarters, but wasn't sure if that would rub the quarters in hard cornering. I'll get some pictures up soon.

SVT Tyler

Established Member
i would lower it...my car has 39k miles i just ordered cc plates today because i have eibach sportlines and my camber is off on the front. dont worry about the paint man these cars need lowering im in love with mine even more! you wont regret it!

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Welcome! My cobra has had lowering springs since 2003 (70,000 miles ago) without c/c plates and hasn't had any uneven tire wear problems or anything like that.

4valved

Banned
Just don't go anymore then 1.5 on lowering and you won't need cc plates, Steeda springs are good for what your looking for

Tickle

Established Member
Lower it, get subframe connectors and nitrous!

J/K about the nitrous. Welcome to the forum!Sounds like a sweet ride you have. IMO these cars were meant to be lowered some, the stock height just seems a bit high. As a fellow 'vert owner, I HIGHLY recommend full length weld in subframe connectors. They will improve the ride quality big time.

richstang

Established Member
i would lower it...my car has 39k miles i just ordered cc plates today because i have eibach sportlines and my camber is off on the front. dont worry about the paint man these cars need lowering im in love with mine even more! you wont regret it!
I'm not worried about bolt-ons such as lowering springs, I just don't want to do any non reversible damage. I'm also not looking for a slammed down stance, just want to knock down the stupid 4x4 height. I still hate the engineers, bean counters, or management who thought this was a "Better Idea". I also want to maintain the smooth ride. If I want a hard ride I have the fox to throw around the curves.

Welcome from a fellow BAB owner!
Thanks, Nice BAB coupe! Gotta love this color! It get looks from everyone no matter where you go!

welcome!!
Thanks

Welcome, and lower it. CC plates shouldn't mess up the paint.
thank you, and I'm too fanatical about this car to screw around with the CC plates. I know they all need to be lowered, even stocker like mine.

Welcome! My cobra has had lowering springs since 2003 (70,000 miles ago) without c/c plates and hasn't had any uneven tire wear problems or anything like that.
Thanks for the welcome. What springs are you running and how's the ride? How much of a drop did you get front / rear?

Just don't go anymore then 1.5 on lowering and you won't need cc plates, Steeda springs are good for what your looking for
I haven't heard much about Steeda springs. Are they less aggressive than the Eibach's or H&R's?
congrats and enjoy! :beer:
that is one of my favorite colors on a cobra
Thanks. When I saw this color 9in May of '98) in one of the magazines I had to have one. I searched up and down the east coast for a dealer with with a BAB vert in stock. I ended up driving 4 hrs, down to Silver Springs, MD to get it from that Ford dealer. I do enjoy it, on nice weekend days, its gets some spirited drives through the farmlands of southern NJ. :burnout:

Lower it, get subframe connectors and nitrous!

J/K about the nitrous. Welcome to the forum!Sounds like a sweet ride you have. IMO these cars were meant to be lowered some, the stock height just seems a bit high. As a fellow 'vert owner, I HIGHLY recommend full length weld in subframe connectors. They will improve the ride quality big time.

Nitrous! Yea... umm...not so much. Thanks for the welcome. Yes these cars are a joke with the stock ride height. Ford really screwed us in that dept. Sometime when I get along side a lowered ricer or another Stang I am a bit embarrassed being up in the nosebleed section. But it still has enough bark to get some of that respect back. Compared to my old 233K mile fox this one is as stiff as a rail. No subframes connectors needed for my driving style, I'm a suedo corner carver more than a quarter miler. :rolling:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread