New heads ordered - thanks STEVE

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
The 03 heads I yanked off my motor ended up being cracked on all the combustion chambers on the pass side head where the spark plug thread transitions to the combustion chambers. Just ordered a COMPLETE new set and will have them in my hand by friday of next week. Steve ordered them from Ford Racing so I did not have to do a core replacement of my old heads... so now I guess the existing heads are garbage unless someone wantes to take them off my hands.. enjoy! The price for th heads to my door was 2200. I was hesitant to buy some used 04 heads off of craigslist then my wife suggested i spend the extra money to get them new and not have future potential problems.. i said HELL YEAH

Its funny because i had gotten the blower ported and the day b4 my dyno tune was when i discovered compression loss... i can't wait to get it back together to include new clutch and k-member and bbk headers then get back to the rollers.

the link that covered most of the tear down to inlcude pics of the cracks.

peace

Finally Started Tranny/Motor pull!!! - Page 4 - SoCalTerminators.com Forums

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
Nice man I ended up ordering a new set from Steve at Tousley Ford. Great guy but they where only 1600 or so when I got them.

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
Nice man I ended up ordering a new set from Steve at Tousley Ford. Great guy but they where only 1600 or so when I got them.

thats really good... i am satisfied.. the ford dealership here wanted to rake me for 1700 and some change for each head.. i was like :nono:

poniesviii

never finished
Established Member
05 revisions eh?.. Hrm.

I've been thinking about heads for myself, and seem to remember some heads having more threads for the plugs than others? Do I remember correctly? The difference came when, what month/year, or how can I have the seller make sure if/when I purchase used heads?

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
05 revisions eh?.. Hrm.

I've been thinking about heads for myself, and seem to remember some heads having more threads for the plugs than others? Do I remember correctly? The difference came when, what month/year, or how can I have the seller make sure if/when I purchase used heads?

There were 4 changes to the heads if I remember correctly. The 9 spark plug threads came out in I think late 03 early 04 models. The rest were cooling passage and oil passage updates.

Its a shame the heads went up that much in the past 5 years. Like I said they were $700ish a piece in 2005 now they are through the roof. Glad they helped you out.

Users who are viewing this thread