New heads or new cams

the anti-rice

Established Member
Ive got a set of stock 03 heads that Im wanting to put on the car. But Ill also need new cams for the heads. Should I put my 96-98 cams in the 03 heads or keep the b heads and put aftermarket cams in? If I keep the b heads on the car, Ill sell the 03 heads and intake for the aftermarket cams. :shrug:

coolguy10786

Established Member
What are the goals for the car? If your looking at which one will make more hp, go with some after market cams in your b heads. If you want more low end power and about a 20hp increase in power go with 03s. If you plan on staying n/a, you will have a lot more room to grow with the newer heads.

the anti-rice

Established Member
The car isnt my daily driver and I rairly go to the track. Id like just a more responsive street car. Its gonna be an N/A car for a few more years. How would the 03 heads work with the 96-98 cams?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
the anti-rice said:
The car isnt my daily driver and I rairly go to the track. Id like just a more responsive street car. Its gonna be an N/A car for a few more years. How would the 03 heads work with the 96-98 cams?

That is a good combination. You may want to cut the heads a bit to raise the compresison also.

the anti-rice

Established Member
For the price, I was also looking at the FR500 cam kit. Its more appealing cause it includes everything. But $1500 bux is still steep.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
the anti-rice said:
For the price, I was also looking at the FR500 cam kit. Its more appealing cause it includes everything. But $1500 bux is still steep.

$1500 plus the valve job and valvetrain setup.

Users who are viewing this thread