New headlights for my 12 gt

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
That looks real good! I might pick up a set... anyone know of a good HID kit?

Damn OP making me spend money :beer:

Hows the build quality compared to the OEM light?

Last edited:

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
you cant beat a good set of projectors in a stock housing. It's more amazing if you never owned a vehicle with them. I have some in my b2300. Worth every penny.

madscotsman

Established Member
I like they way they look, not sure if I'm sold on the sequential "gille" lights though. I would worry that they will stop working or malfunction eventually. Taking the front bumper off each time there is an issue would not be fun. How is the quality of the lights? Did you seal them yourself before the install. I put an aftermarket set of smoked halo headlights from CARID on my 06' a few years ago and they were a major PIA. They kept filling with condensation and eventually water. Had to take the front clip off the car 5 or 6 times to replace defective lights before someone at CARID had the sense to finally forward their directions for resealing the lights with RTV or Silicone. Guess I thought they would be sealed and checked for leaks as a QA from the factory?!? Since then , any light I've installed or helped with on any car has ben sealed prior to install....

01MGGT

Established Member
OP, can you please tell me if you got the tinted lens version or the clear lens? I can't decide myself. I think the raxiom I see that are tinted are far too dark o. A sterling gray var and tend to just look like black squares when turned off. Thanks buddy!

SoddyRebel

Darkside
Established Member
OP, can you please tell me if you got the tinted lens version or the clear lens? I can't decide myself. I think the raxiom I see that are tinted are far too dark o. A sterling gray var and tend to just look like black squares when turned off. Thanks buddy!

these are not the raxiom lights, these are sold through ebay and lmr. They are the gloss black version.

01MGGT

Established Member
these are not the raxiom lights, these are sold through ebay and lmr. They are the gloss black version.
I was aware of that :) I guess what I am trying g to ask is whether or not the lens is as dark as the raxiom smoked headlights. I think the lens is too dark on the raxiom for my tastes and LMR says these are "light smoked". I just do t want something as dark as the raxiom.

Users who are viewing this thread