New Headers / Tune Question

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
I just had a set of JBA mid length headers installed on my car and should be picking it up tomorrow. I will then need to get it to my performance shop to have the tune checked out. The shop is about 40 miles from my house and if possible I would rather drive the car there than have it trailered. I am thinking as long as I keep it out of boost I should be alright. Any thoughts? My power making mods include:

Whipple 2.3 Gen II & 17lbs
60lb Injectors/KB BAP/SCT Tune
BilletFlow Throttle Body
C&L Intake Tube/Pauls HP CAI
GMP 90mm MAF
Afco Dual Pass HE
Bassani X-Pipe w/Cats
Borla Stinger Cat Back

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Call your tuner and have him send you a tune via email. You can then download it from your computer to your handheld tuner (assuming you've got a SCT tuner) using software from the SCT webpage.

This is the procedure I used when I installed my Whipple and it worked great...:beer:

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
WOT tuning is not going to be effected, the big thing to adjust for LTs is to change the o2 trans port delay and heater duty cycle so the o2s will work now that they are farther away and don't get as much exhaust heat.

If those headers have the slip fit collectors the O2s may never work at idle due to the air intrusion caused by the small leaks from the collectrs. I have seen several cars that the O2s did not work right on with the bassanis.

Users who are viewing this thread