New guys, just saying hi with some ??

Doug E Fresh

Not that slow!!
Established Member
Hi all,
My name is Doug, this is my first post as you all can see lol. Well this is my first cobra but not my first stang.

Here's a little about myself I'm 27 and work at us steel close to ST.Louis, MO been there for about eight months, I'm a avid dirt bike rider, been riding sense I was four. I'm also a huge mustang fan. Just been around them my whole life and can't get enough of them :beer:

The car I have now is a 2001 cobra, stock besides being lowered, catless bbk h pipe into flow masters. I've owned the car sense it had 118,000 miles and she's now sitting at 123,823 thousand miles. I can say this about these 4v engines unlike my old foxbody where if you put your foot in it you have power until about 4 grand unlike my cobra which has no power until like 2700rpm range and man does it have a lot of power from there too about 7000rpm

Question for you guys, before I get my tax return and bore this engine over and bla,bla,bla along with a Paxton novi supercharger. How would I get more bottom out of it without hurting my high range power?? I was thinking putting a set of 373 in it?? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks all. Also last thing is there a stl club to join on here?? Thanks again guys..

pbeechner

Established Member
I've got 373s in mine, and I definitely have more low-end than the average N/A cobra, but if I could do it all over again I would absolutely go with the 4.11s

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
I have 4.10's and love them. Kinda wished I would have gone to a 4.56 but I will live with it. You need these higher gears to get our cars moving.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Welcome to SVTP! I went with 4.10s and I am very happy. If you plan on going FI anytime soon I wouldnt go higher than 4.10.

Post some pictures.

Doug E Fresh

Not that slow!!
Established Member
Thanks guys,

One last question for now. I have a exhaust leak in my baffle and notice today there was a tiking noise. At first I thought a rod or something?? But the after walking around it a popping the hood and hearing no noise from the lifters, ect. Upon father expection I noticed it was coming from under the car towards the front. I'm thinking its something to do with the exhaust?? But would exhaust make a ticking noise?? Or could it be something different?? Thanks all..

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
The exhaust could be making a ticking noise. I used have the header bolts back out before I put in Stage 8 Locking Header bolts, and it used to make a faint ticking. No more problems now though!

Doug E Fresh

Not that slow!!
Established Member
Thanks for the reply.
It not coming from the engine itself nor the headers. It's coming sounds like where my exhaust connects to the headers. It's a very faint ticking to tho.

Here's a good question that doesn't involve problems. Right now my exhaust is catless bbk h pipe to flowmasters. It's loud but not to loud. The problem here is where I live I have to have cats or no passing emissions for me :dw:

I've been thinking about ordering magflow with cats. Everyone that I talked to says magflow sounds awesome on cobras??? I'm wondering if I buy those with the cats will it take away from the growl?? Thank guys..

pbeechner

Established Member
If I were you, I would buy a modular bassani X-pipe and switch in the cats for emissions. You don't get the same kinda growl with cats on our cars. I would also trash the flowmasters and get something better. Most exhausts sound better on our cars than flowmaster does.....

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
I don't think you're going to really notice a difference. I removed the catalytic converters on my car and I feel a very slight difference in the low end grumbling or growl as mentioned above, but not so much that it should be a deciding factor in the issue - especially if it's required.

Users who are viewing this thread