New Guy ????'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainless40cal

Established Member
It doesn't take a genious to figure that out. :shrug: It likes comparing an apple to an orange. It's a different ball game here.

Im pretty sure thats his point exactly..... Comparing a better quality vehicle to a lesser quality vehicle at the same price...... And people still are saying the lower quality vehicle is the best buy :shrug:

If you could buy the play boy mansion for the same price your house cost you which would you choose?

THAITED

Established Member
Im pretty sure thats his point exactly..... Comparing a better quality vehicle to a lesser quality vehicle at the same price...... And people still are saying the lower quality vehicle is the best buy :shrug:

If you could buy the play boy mansion for the same price your house cost you which would you choose?

The truth, "house" I can't afford to maintain the playboy mansion alone. But if there're hot chicks there, I'll try.:rolling:

I don't know the longivity on a Z06 with cam and Nitrous. To change the cams will cost arms and legs on that Z unless you are a good machanic. Add Nitrous then you'll need the tune so it will cost some changes again (What kind of pistons, rods and crank do the vetts have???? forged or hyper, just curious I know if they are forged then no problem with power adder but if they are hyper....then Houston, we have a problem).

On the other hand someone mentioned changing pulleys on a Cobra to gain power, that's sounds pretty easy but it also need to be tuned which will cost a few bucks at least so who knows what's better. As for me, personal opinion only I would choose Cobra because I have some familiarity with Ford Engine and etcs where I have no clue with Corvetts. :rockon::beer:

Last edited:

stainless40cal

Established Member
lol at the playboy mansion comment.

Lets make something clear though a cam swap on a z is pretty damn simple. Most people do it themselves and the first time it only takes about 10 hours at the most. And also this is done with simple ahnd tools in driveways.

I must have got ripped by chevy though cause my z only came with one "cam". LOL you must be use to ford engines.

They come with hyper pistons from the factory. And you would be very very suprised as to how well they hold up with TONS(300+ shots of nitrous) thrown at them over and over again on stock short blocks. Hyper is no where near forged but is fine up till over 700rwhp if you can tune a car correctly.

THAITED

Established Member
lol at the playboy mansion comment.

Lets make something clear though a cam swap on a z is pretty damn simple. Most people do it themselves and the first time it only takes about 10 hours at the most. And also this is done with simple ahnd tools in driveways.

I must have got ripped by chevy though cause my z only came with one "cam". LOL you must be use to ford engines.

They come with hyper pistons from the factory. And you would be very very suprised as to how well they hold up with TONS(300+ shots of nitrous) thrown at them over and over again on stock short blocks. Hyper is no where near forged but is fine up till over 700rwhp if you can tune a car correctly.

That's pretty good for hyper pistons what about the crank and rods, are they forged or cast irons?

Stangfreek

Premium Unleaded Member
Established Member
And you would be very very suprised as to how well they hold up with TONS(300+ shots of nitrous) thrown at them over and over again on stock short blocks.

Maybe 5 times tops? You are really reaching now. 300+ shot of nitrous? Over and over? Yeah, right.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Maybe 5 times tops? You are really reaching now. 300+ shot of nitrous? Over and over? Yeah, right.

Actually they can handle 500shots, and all of them with under 30K miles are under $25K just like Cobras. ;-) Procharger, Vortech, APS create turbo/supercharger systems rated to handle 550rwhp on a stock bottom-end because they don't know any better. ;-)

Why do people even bother putting iron 402s with forged internals, the stock aluminum 346 can handle 901284902384rwhp. People crack me up. :-D

stainless40cal

Established Member
That's pretty good for hyper pistons what about the crank and rods, are they forged or cast irons?

rods and crank are both not forged. But the crank is good for over 800 rwhp and that rods are good for 700 +rwhp most of the time with upgraded rod bolts

stainless40cal

Established Member
Actually they can handle 500shots, and all of them with under 30K miles are under $25K just like Cobras. ;-) Procharger, Vortech, APS create turbo/supercharger systems rated to handle 550rwhp on a stock bottom-end because they don't know any better. ;-)

Why do people even bother putting iron 402s with forged internals, the stock aluminum 346 can handle 901284902384rwhp. People crack me up. :-D

PEOPLE crack me up when they have no idea what the **** they are talking about.

Stangfreek or whatever the **** your name is as well as you SB03 would you like an example since you dont believe anything unless its a cobra.....?????

THAITED

Established Member
Are the vetts engine and Camaro's the same? If they are my friend just blew one up LS1 with nitrous....!!!!!!!! He only use 150 shots.....it put out 500 +++++rwhp or something....like that. It did not last that long may be like a couple of months with hard driving. May be it was a bad tune.

stainless40cal

Established Member
Are the vetts engine and Camaro's the same? If they are my friend just blew one up LS1 with nitrous....!!!!!!!! He only use 150 shots.....it put out 500 +++++rwhp or something....like that. It did not last that long may be like a couple of months with hard driving. May be it was a bad tune.

Could be a bad tune could have just been a shitty motor from the factory most likely horrible tune with only a 150 shot but you never know :shrug:

That really sucks either way though.

It depends on the model of the vette if its not a z06 then its an ls1 and is the same motor in both the camaro and the vette. Z06 comes with the ls6 motor from the factory and actually has a lower timing from the factory which allows it to handle even a larger amount of nitrous on pump gas than the ls1. This if for the c5 vettes only c6 is a totaly diffrent ball game as far as motors

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
PEOPLE crack me up when they have no idea what the **** they are talking about.

Stangfreek or whatever the **** your name is as well as you SB03 would you like an example since you dont believe anything unless its a cobra.....?????

Over 99% of all Z06s for sale on the Corvette forum are over $25K, (forget about low mileage ones)

Over 98% of all Z06s on the corvette forum with over 600rwhp have forged internals.

I see a pattern here, oh yeah you're exaggerating facts in a desperate attempt to win an arguement! ;-)

BTW, lets see some pics of YOUR z06. How much did YOU pay for it? What's done to it? :)

Did you spend $500 on a nitrous kit and put down over 500rwhp? Must be nice, you're what 18 with a modded z06, Chevelle and Nova; and you apparently have more knowledge about Z06s than most tuners who don't reccomend going over 550rwhp on a stock LS6 motor. Apparently, according to you, they can handle 800rwhp+; forged internals? Why bother. Just throw a 600shot on a stock Z06 and smoke everything.

Last edited:

THAITED

Established Member
Wait!!!!!!! I thought the Vetts has like LS1, LS2, LS3 and 4 or something like that. The older Z06 has LS6?????just curious.....

stainless40cal

Established Member
Over 99% of all Z06s for sale on the Corvette forum are over $25K

Over 98% of all Z06s on the corvette forum with over 600rwhp have forged internals.

I see a pattern here, oh yeah you're exaggerating facts in a desperate attempt to win an arguement! ;-)

BTW, lets see some pics of YOUR z06. How much did you pay for it? What's done to it? :)

Lets try this again.

What facts am i exaggerating???? Please do inform me.... Both of your percentages are way off.

Thats like me saying 99% of the cobras on svt are over $25k its jjust simply not true... There are better deals to be found.

My baby is in storage but might come out soon depending on weather so ill be glad to get pics. And actually as soon as its warm out ill be glad to get vids of me smoking the cobras around here :rockon:

forged 347 ls6
forged internals
afr 205's ported and polished
decent size 240ish cam
fast 90 intake

All the goodies bud you know the deal.

502rwhp on motor

Im at 760 rwhp on a 250 shot on pump gas!(17 degrees of timing)

ONCE AGAIN if you would like a link showing just what ls1-ls6 stock motors are capable of you just let me know :beer:

PS: less money in my vette all together that a stock cobra with low miles.... (way under $30k)

Last edited:

THAITED

Established Member
forged 347 ls6
forged internals
decent size 240ish cam
fast 90 intake

502rwhp on motor

ONCE AGAIN if you would like a link showing just what ls1-ls6 stock motors are capable of you just let me know :beer:

So you do use Forged Internals to make that kind of HP without blowing it up.

stainless40cal

Established Member
So you do use Forged Internals to make that kind of HP without blowing it up.

It had a forged short block when i bought the car i just added from there....

I NERVER SAID YOU SHOULDNT USE FORGED INTERNALS AT THIS POWER LEVEL.

I SAID UNDER 650RWHP and you should be fine with a solid tuner and the stock short block

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Lets try this again.

What facts am i exaggerating???? Please do inform me.... Both of your percentages are way off.

Thats like me saying 99% of the cobras on svt are over $25k its jjust simply not true... There are better deals to be found.

My baby is in storage but might come out soon depending on weather so ill be glad to get pics. And actually as soon as its warm out ill be glad to get vids of me smoking the cobras around here :rockon:

forged 347 ls6
forged internals
decent size 240ish cam
fast 90 intake

502rwhp on motor

Why do you have forged internals? I thought you said the stock motors can handle 800rwhp+? 99% of all Cobras are not over $25K, but 99% of all Z06s on the Corvette forum are..Lets browse the first page of the FS section and see all the countless z06s for under $25K like you can find Cobras on this forum.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1827562 - $29K

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1969960 - $26K

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1958959 - $34K

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1860041 - $32K

Oh here is your 1%, and guess how many miles it has, almost 70K
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1948712 - $24K

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1908587 - $32K

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1965718 - $29K

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1924906 - $31K

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1968897 - $29K

YUP, same prices as Cobras, now let me guess you're going to find a Z06 fs at a shady dealership and claim Z06s go for the same price as Cobras.

Would you like me to now post all the Z06s with over 600rwhp that have forged internals? Yeah, that be over 99% as well, INCLUDING YOURSELF. :fart:

Stangfreek

Premium Unleaded Member
Established Member
I SAID UNDER 650RWHP and you should be fine with a solid tuner and the stock short block

No...you said:

stainless40cal said:

and

stainless40cal said:
rods and crank are both not forged. But the crank is good for over 800 rwhp and that rods are good for 700 +rwhp most of the time with upgraded rod bolts

So which is it, friend? <650 or >700?

LMAO you make this too easy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread