New Guy on the Block/Thinking About Getting a Terminator

fltacoma

Established Member
Hey all,

Just registered yesterday and wanted to say hello. Ever since I saw a Mystichrome SVT Cobra sitting on the lot back in '03 brand new, I have always wanted to get one (maybe not that color). I am not gonna ask simple questions since I have read the forums FAQ, but how readily available are these vehicles? I have read some of the posts, and I am liking what I see. If I do get one, I'll probably keep it relatively stock. My son is three years old, but might have to put a toddler seat in the back but fear messing up the rear seat. My other car is a 2003 Crown Vic LX Sport so i'm no stranger to the Ford family :)

-Daniel

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
03/04 Cobra's are readily available. Clean ones are not.

Pretty much this. Low mileage clean ones are harder to find. Mid mileage clean ones aren't to hard to find. Color specific can be. Check car fax, history, Maintenance records, do a compression test and read Cobra bobs FAQ's. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
I had car seats in the back of my 01. I put towels under them to save the seat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
If you're really patient you can find exactly what you're looking for. Obviously low miles and stock will try your patience 10 fold.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
If you want to get one this forum is a good place to post. People have them. I have an OW 03 completely stock, except for Borla exhaust and K&N, with 9300 miles. It's practically showroom new and I'm toying with the idea of selling it.

NY03SonicConv.

Established Member
Being patient is the key. Check the market here and all the other car for sale sites and you'll get a feel what's available and what people want for them. If your budget is under 20k and your not mechanically inclined hold out for one that's well documented (comp. test, maintain. records) as these cars are easily molded and easily switched back. They are great cars, you just want to find one that's been taken care of.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Also consider how modified the vehicle is. Very difficult find these unmolested.
And be aware that an advertised "stock" '03-'04 Cobra may not have always been stock. Not uncommon for sellers to remove all or most mods and then advertise the car as being stock. The more you know, or find out, about a Cobra you're looking at, the better the odds that you'll know exactly what you're buying. If you find Terminator's in the SVTP Market Forum, you can usually browse through threads posted by the seller to get a pretty good feel of how the car lived. Not always, but often enough.

I don't know where you're located, but if you in the mid-Atlantic or south, check out Hi-End Auto Sales, located in Appomattox, VA. They always have a good selection of '03-'04 Cobras and they have a good reputation.

fltacoma

Established Member
I am in Shreveport, Louisiana. I have seen a few under 15K miles, but they are asking over $25K. Seems like convertibles are more abundant than coupes? It doesn't matter to me whether it's a convertible or a coupe though.

fltacoma

Established Member
I am in Shreveport, Louisiana. I have seen a few under 15K miles, but they are asking over $25K. Seems like convertibles are more abundant than coupes? It doesn't matter to me whether it's a convertible or a coupe though. My only stipulation is that the car has to have the original window sticker, both sets of keys, and manual.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As already stated, be patient and browse our Market forum and other car sites frequently, and you'll eventually find what you're looking for.

281CJ

Established Member
I am in Shreveport, Louisiana. I have seen a few under 15K miles, but they are asking over $25K. Seems like convertibles are more abundant than coupes? It doesn't matter to me whether it's a convertible or a coupe though. My only stipulation is that the car has to have the original window sticker, both sets of keys, and manual.
I've been looking recently and seem to come across 2 things:

The price I like, decent milage, and few modifications, but a convertible.
The price I like, and a coupe, but either more mods, or more miles than I'd like, or both.

it seems the GT500 is the same way. Convertible seems to sell for less, but I hate convertibles. The coupes I find in the price range I'd like are more heavily modded.

Not sure why convertibles sell for noticeably lower on average, and a nice coupe is hard to find.

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

The price I like, and a coupe, but either more mods, or more miles than I'd like, or both.

it seems the GT500 is the same way. Convertible seems to sell for less, but I hate convertibles. The coupes I find in the price range I'd like are more heavily modded.

Not sure why convertibles sell for noticeably lower on average, and a nice coupe is hard to find.

Because more people want coupes supply and demand. I've always said your either a Vert guy or you're not there is really no in between imho.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse

I was not a Vert guy either until i bought one. I owned 2 coupes and never thought I'd get a Vert. When i was shopping for a Terminator a few months back i was looking for a coupe and came across an Oxford white with a black top and LOVED it. I was also pretty against a vert cuz of the weight but I've got mine down to about 3500 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

fltacoma

Established Member
I agree with more verts' and less coupes. The only reason why I am leaning towards a convertible is so that my son can get in an out easier for the weekend rides that I would take. I am a neat freak when it comes to the interior/exterior of vehicles...

NY03SonicConv.

Established Member
I've owned my Terminator since January. The last Mustang I owned was a '69 Grande coupe and it was tight getting in the back, the new edge body on the Terminator seems even tighter. I bought a vert.and think you are on the right track as far as getting your son in and out and strapped into the back seat.

fltacoma

Established Member
Well, as the search continues, I have found one w/ around 9k miles for around $28k thats silver w/ chrome wheels, and another one with 12K miles for the same price that's DSG w/ regular wheels. Are those average prices, or a little on the high side?

NY03SonicConv.

Established Member
This time of the year a low mile,unmodified car is going to be in that range. I'm sure you've seen some at 30+. I bought mine for 25 in January it had less than 8k,(original owner). If they are in your budget and you want one now go for it otherwise keep looking, get educated (there's a lot to learn) and wait for the fall/winter

fltacoma

Established Member
Yeah I didn't think about the time of year...good to know! If I can get one of those to $23-$24K, then I might jump on one. Of course they are gonna have to be transported here...

Users who are viewing this thread