New guy from the Western Part of Virginia, Need help with a Mustang Choice...

SVTMang

Established Member
So I'm closing in on 23 and wanting to get a badass car before I get a girl prego, end up married, or both. I have a 500whp mustang dynoed 4 cylinder car that I bought stock when I started college mainly because it was a great fuel mileage car and something I could have fun in. Well, I also run a business while in college and make pretty good money so I ended up with the addiction for power. I have always been a die hard Ford fan and loved mustangs but ended up getting cars that could get me back and forth to work and etc. Well, now I'm older and can afford the better things, (Plus I'm tired of this pos chevy breaking every time I decide to give someone a ride in it) so I've been looking up and reading on the new 5.0 and the S197 GT500s and they are both comparable in price. My buddy has a 5.0 fully bolted and bama tuned that I ran in my car and put a few car lengths on but I was spinning the whole damned time. I need some help deciding whether I should go 5.0, built block from MMR, and boost it....or go with the S197 GT500 and throw a big whipple or kb on it. If I had to pick a number of where I would want to be as far as power, I would think 700+ whp on a mustang dyno for those weekend runs and still be able to drive the car to work if I had to even though I have a few other vehicles to drive. Which do you guys think would be the winner here? I'm stuck between the 2 because both are similarly priced but I have seen people pushing over 800whp on the stock block 5.4s and only around 650 on the 5.0s. Also I have access to a 100 octane pump if that makes any difference to you guys.

SVTMang

Established Member
03/04 Cobra would be my choice! I love em.
I would man but I can't find any coupes anywhere! I don't want a vert because I don't want to have to worry about the top ripping and the added weight but every time I come across one its either sitting over 100k miles or a vert, lol!

SVTMang

Established Member
Ok, I take what I said back. There's a sexy screaming yellow one on here with 20k miles for a good price and local to me...wow I'm blind...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ok, I take what I said back. There's a sexy screaming yellow one on here with 20k miles for a good price and local to me...wow I'm blind...

Hi-End Auto

Appomattox, VA which isn't all that far away from you. Hi-End Auto always has Terminator coupes in stock. They're a well known dealer with a positive history.

SVTMang

Established Member
Hi-End Auto

Appomattox, VA which isn't all that far away from you. Hi-End Auto always has Terminator coupes in stock. They're a well known dealer with a positive history.

Oh bless you good sir. Theres a sexy af mystichrome 04 on there mint, stock with an exhaust and 17k miles for 25999.....

SVTMang

Established Member
Guy local to me is selling his Zinc Yellow 03 Cobra. He is a member on here but I don't know his name. Its a built 4.6 with stage 3 cams, livernois springs, and manley pistons running a ported stock blower on e85 and a 150 shot. It dynoed over 700hp and 800ftlbs of torque on the nitrous. Car has 24k miles on it. Kind of scared about it being on nitrous and the condition of the engine. Seems like a great deal other than that.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread