New GT500 owner, few questions

BLK93GT

Established Member
Might as well go with the 4.5L then LOL. Sounds like your on the right track!

ALLKHEINZ has one of the fastest 4.0L Whipple cars, 9.47@148 best trap of 150, on a pretty basic combo. It made 880+ on a Mustang Dyno I think.

98TA

South east of disorder
Established Member
Well I'm still sorting through my head which direction I wanna go with this thing. Van's been great taking my phone calls and what not. I'm almost dead set on a 2.8KB or 2.9 Whipple. If I remember correctly with the KB 2.8, I'll have to lower the K-member some and I don't with the Whipple. Well if I have to lower the k-member, then why mess with a small blower and just go with a bigger one from the get go.

After the first of the year I am planning on the below mods:
Van's bad boy heat exchanger with upgraded resi.
Kooks 1-7/8 LT's and o/r X pipe and keep the factory mufflers.
JLT catch cans on both sides
New clutch. Still no idea what to run..

Hopefully I will figure out what I am going to do blower wise and knock it all out in one shot.

Last edited:

brandonflood123

Established Member
Well I'm still sorting through my head which direction I wanna go with this thing. Van's been great taking my phone calls and what not. I'm almost dead set on a 2.8KB or 2.9 Whipple. If I remember correctly with the KB 2.8, I'll have to lower the K-member some and I don't with the Whipple. Well if I have to lower the k-member, then why mess with a small blower and just go with a bigger one from the get go.

After the first of the year I am planning on the below mods:
Van's bad boy heat exchanger with upgraded resi.
Kooks 1-7/8 LT's and o/r X pipe and keep the factory mufflers.
JLT catch cans on both sides
New clutch. Still no idea what to run..

Hopefully I will figure out what I am going to do blower wise and knock it all out in one shot.

i would go with a Mclerod rxt clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread