New Girl in FL

juliet2kg

Established Member
The laws of physics state otherwise. Colors in the darker spectrum are actually SLOWER than lighter colors. Thus, crystal white Cobras are always FTW. And, since mystics have multiple colors, that only makes them much slower...

You drive all the way through Hillsborough just so you can go to school in Pinellas? Do you hate Tampa or something? lol. I am in South Tampa, near the MacDill AFB.

Haha yea I like the scenic route. The mystic makes it worth it. I've wanted to go to Ybor city.... I've heard many stories about it

JasonSnake

Established Member
Haha yea I like the scenic route. The mystic makes it worth it. I've wanted to go to Ybor city.... I've heard many stories about it

There's also a story of a man getting shot dead there at a brawl. I emphasize much caution if you go there..

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
There's also a story of a man getting shot dead there at a brawl. I emphasize much caution if you go there..

just make sure you go in a nice group with guys (not a place for a girls night out) especially first time there...altlhough i dont think its TOO bad

juliet2kg

Established Member
Where do you go to school at? I live in Largo.

I'm going to St Pete College for now. Almost done with another A.S. then hopefully to UF next. I know some kids at my school from Largo, it's a half hour away I think.

just make sure you go in a nice group with guys (not a place for a girls night out) especially first time there...altlhough i dont think its TOO bad

Yeah I'm used to my house in New England where we didn't lock our doors. Now in the town I'm living in there are shootings everyday. My bf is on the road all the time so I have a lot of time to kill. Ybor city sounded like a lot of fun. We'll see I suppose...

Got Boost?

Established Member
I'm going to St Pete College for now. Almost done with another A.S. then hopefully to UF next. I know some kids at my school from Largo, it's a half hour away I think.

Yeah, thats what i was wondering, if it was SPC. If all goes as planned i will be starting my freshman year there next year. Looking to get my AS there and then transfer to USF to complete my other 2 years. Largo is probably less than a half hour away, i just picked up a set of heads from a guy in Pinellas Park Thursday.

You guys should come out to the Burger King on US19 (right after 118th if heading south) one Saturday. Every Saturday night theres a pretty big car meet. Alot of old school muscle cars, and some modern muscle as well. always atleast 5-10+ mustangs out there too. Let me know if you guys decide to go out there some night, I'll try and make it out too. Its not out of the norm for 100+ cars to show up if the weather is nice.

Got Boost?

Established Member
I'll definitely hve to go to those Saturday night meets.

You ever been? I just got back, seemed to be kind of a small turn out compared to when i last went. Maybe because its cold? :shrug: Still was probably 40 cars, prolly about 10 stangs.

Cool thing was, there were about 5 AC cobra kits out there. One guy had an extremely nice one. Talked with him a little about it, had Halibrands on it and an actual 427FE side oiler in it. He said it dyno'd about 560 and change....in a 2600# car....thats ridiculous.

Last edited:

juliet2kg

Established Member
Yeah, thats what i was wondering, if it was SPC. If all goes as planned i will be starting my freshman year there next year. Looking to get my AS there and then transfer to USF to complete my other 2 years. Largo is probably less than a half hour away, i just picked up a set of heads from a guy in Pinellas Park Thursday.

You guys should come out to the Burger King on US19 (right after 118th if heading south) one Saturday. Every Saturday night theres a pretty big car meet. Alot of old school muscle cars, and some modern muscle as well. always atleast 5-10+ mustangs out there too. Let me know if you guys decide to go out there some night, I'll try and make it out too. Its not out of the norm for 100+ cars to show up if the weather is nice.

Yeah I know where that is. I'll prob go soon... just have to make sure I have the gas money. I still haven't got a job since I moved out here a few months ago... it kinda sucks. :(

JasonSnake

Established Member
You ever been? I just got back, seemed to be kind of a small turn out compared to when i last went. Maybe because its cold? :shrug: Still was probably 40 cars, prolly about 10 stangs.

I've never been to that location. When I used to live here 4 years ago, everyone either hung out at Gandy bridge, Fletcher/Dale Mabry car show, or on Hillsborough Ave at a shopping plaza. Now, I really don't know if any of those still exist. I'm a little outdated as you can see.

I still haven't got a job since I moved out here a few months ago... it kinda sucks. :(

I'm in your shoes too. In the last 4 months I've been here, I've only had a temporary job that lasted about 5 weeks. Next week I may start another temp job at a retail store on MacDill, pending background checkup. But still a little disappointed b/c I won't have a stable job that will allow me to get an apartment, etc. :cuss:

juliet2kg

Established Member
Yeah I don't care what kind of job I get, I've applied to over 20 diff positions so far, no luck. I wish I could get a temp job... I'd do anything right now for gas and food money... (except...well you know)

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
Yeah I don't care what kind of job I get, I've applied to over 20 diff positions so far, no luck. I wish I could get a temp job... I'd do anything right now for gas and food money... (except...well you know)

No, we don't, what wouldn't you do? lol

Users who are viewing this thread