New Gaming Motion Sensing Technology

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
I did a quick search of the site and didn't find anything so I posted this up. If anyone has a Wii, then you know how much fun this stuff is. Sony looks like they are ready to up the ante in the motion sensing field, and considering the extra processing muscle that the PS3 has over the Wii, we could have some incredible FPS or RPG games in the near future, the applications are limitless. I was thinking that they could use this with cad also as well as video/picture editing. If you are truly interested, watch the whole thing through as they change from so many platforms that you must see them all to understand the ramifications that this could create for the end users at home. The thing that really stands out is this tracks in a 3-dimensional plane which at this time the Wii does not. (As for the asshats that might try to turn this into a console comparison battle, take a hike.)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiX-26VL4bM"]YouTube - Sony Motion Controller E3 Tech Demo[/ame]

Junior00

Established Member
Premium Member
I have also watched the videos for project Natal. The thing about it is, as of right now it has a latency(lag) issue and is not truly 1:1...pay close attention and you will notice that it is not quite as fluid as the Wii or the demonstration above. I surmise it is due in part to the processes and processing power needed to implement it. As far as the voice recognition I'm sure that can be implemented easily enough as they are just specific frequencies linked to the appropriate executable. All in all I hope they both come to fruition soon, it will make gaming incredible no matter what console you choose.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
it's not even finished, it's still a year away. really dude, whatever problem you can think up, someone working on the project has already thought of it and is planning/implementing a soloution.

but, yea, i totally agree! both will kick ass! neither will be grabbing much marketshare from the wii though, unless some massive price cuts are implemented.

Last edited:

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
but, all the tchnology in the world is useless against the rrod.

there are videos all over youtube already of ametures already rigging their own 360's and doing things like this.

Junior00

Established Member
Premium Member
it's not even finished, it's still a year away. really dude, whatever problem you can think up, someone working on the project has already thought of it and is planning/implementing a soloution.

but, yea, i totally agree! both will kick ass! neither will be grabbing much marketshare from the wii though, unless some massive price cuts are implemented.

While this is true, the problem lies with the computational capabilities of the systems. Yes, I know they are both multi-core but the PS3 has a distinctive edge in this department, how much we just don't know but it will make it exciting. What I think will be cool is running Linux and using this technology. You could run a CAD program and actually draw and build as you go instead of just rendering the old fashioned way.

but, all the tchnology in the world is useless against the rrod.

there are videos all over youtube already of ametures already rigging their own 360's and doing things like this.

Yeah Yeah Yeah, we know PS3 rules & Xbox sucks or vice versa. It's an old debate and I really don't care less. I think you should get back to the thread in which you are most useless, and spew your garbage there.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
are you assuming that the 360 isn't powerful enough to operate natal without lag and the PS3 is just because it's more capable? for all we know, the 360 might not even break a sweat with this device. i'm waiting till it comes out before i make assumptions, both positive and negative.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, that is some very amazing stuff, and a glimpse of where gaming technology is going. You know that Nintendo and other companies are working on their own future tech. It can only be a win-win for gamers.

Junior00

Established Member
Premium Member
are you assuming that the 360 isn't powerful enough to operate natal without lag and the PS3 is just because it's more capable? for all we know, the 360 might not even break a sweat with this device. i'm waiting till it comes out before i make assumptions, both positive and negative.

Why is this thread revolving around Natal at all? If you want to get down to it, I know which one has more powerful processing capabilities. I'm speaking in terms of usage, as far as end users being able to push it farther than developers...we know which one allows more of that. I think they will both be nice, but I want to see what they will do outside of the limitations imposed by the creators. I'm thinking in terms of future ramifications, not just which one looks cooler or has neat features for games. You and Outlaw can both take a hike, and argue with the other fanboys in another thread.

BeattySTi

Import Traitor
Established Member
I can just see the youtube videos now, people absolutely destroying there living rooms because they got way to involved in the game.

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
Cool technology but for all practical gaming purposes it seems like more of a pain in the ass to use than the fun you'd get out of it. I'd rather just use a controller.

Users who are viewing this thread