New from Whipple! 2011 Mustang 5.0L 2.9L S/C Tuner Kits!

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
New from Whipple Superchargers is the 2.9L Supercharger Kit (Tuner) for the 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L Coyote. For the guy serious about making big power, no longer do you need to purchase a 2.3L kit and then spend another $3,300+ to upgrade to the 2.9L, the kit is done now and saves you several thousands of dollars. Available now in Black or Polished finishes, here are some details:

2.9L Kits : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

*TUNER KIT*: DOES NOT INCLUDE TUNING OR FUEL COMPONENTS

* 2.9L twin-screw supercharger assembly
* 3.375" S/C Pulley (Approx 15-16 PSI)
* Intake manifold
* Complete air-to-liquid intercooler system
* Drive belt

As in nearly every previous year, Whipple Superchargers is first to the market again with an incredible bolt-on Mustang supercharger system. Whipple Superchargers has again set a new precedence for bolt-on power and industry leading durability.

Nobody puts more time and resources into the development then Whipple Superchargers. The proof is in the product, more power per lb of boost then any other system. The key to making such incredible reliable power is in the Whipple unique twin screw supercharger, massive air-to-water intercooler, oversized Crusher air system and innovative PCM programming that keeps the power-train safe and secure. Whether you’re looking for a daily driver that needs a little more punch or you’re craving a tire-frying, rubber shredding street machine, the Whipple Supercharger systems delivers like no other SC system today. Power from tip in to redline, the new Whipple SC system makes incredible power across the entire rpm range while maintaining industry leading drive-ability.

EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:

* Simple bolt-on system
* Instant boost, zero lag time for incredible throttle response
* Shelby GT500 factory throttle body
* Revolutionary W175ax Gen 2 Whipple twin-screw supercharger
* Massive bar-plate aluminum intercooler for superior cooling
* Twin screw supercharger is the most efficient SC on the market
* Self contained oil system, no tapping oil pan
* Exclusive high flow factory air box style system

Give Lethal Performance a call if you have any questions about this, or any other Whipple Supercharger kit.

Thanks.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
3.375" S/C Pulley (Approx 15-16 PSI)

Has Whipple done the same amount of durability testing with the 2.9 on a Coyote motor as they did with the 2.3 on a Coyote motor? I assume that this package requires some upgraded internals or at least they are heavily recommended.

I'm sure this would be a fantastic combination with at least an upgraded rod and possibly a piston upgrade as well.

Tob

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I can't answer that question yet, but I'm going to guess No as this is a HIGH BOOST kit as stated in the details. A stock engine with proper tuning should be able to handle this boost, but I would recommend to someone who is interested in this kit (and running at the advertised boost level) to consider doing an engine build. We are running the 2.9L at 10 psi and it makes almost 40 more rwhp than the 2.3L at the same boost level.

redsap05

Established Member
How come all these guys don't make very good torque with a blower. I noticed these 5.0s make great torque when stock. But to not make it with a roots blower doesn't make much sense. Are the headers loosing torque when fi?

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Has nothing to do with the headers, but more likely due to the tuner/programming that modifies the cam timing to help bleed cylinder pressure to be able to run boost on these motors.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
I was thinking of it the other day... With Ti vct they are most likely increasing overlap to lower dynamic compression so they can run more boost without detention. Lower compression will lower torque.

redsap05

Established Member
Has nothing to do with the headers, but more likely due to the tuner/programming that modifies the cam timing to help bleed cylinder pressure to be able to run boost on these motors.

Very well explained. Make me wonder what a built 5.0 would do. Then you would have not have dumb it down so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread