New from VMP! Heavy Duty belt tensioner '07-'14 GT500

VNMOUS1

Established Member

einehund

Established Member
I've run into an issue on my car. I've got a 10% IW lower and a 2.59 upper with a gates green belt (don't remember the size) I replaced the stock idler with one of your 90mm idlers after I noticed belt dust following a couple of trips to the drag strip. After I do extended periods of high speed driving (5th gear redline-6th gear speeds), my supercharger belt chirps constantly (verified by spraying MAF cleaner on the belt while car was idling). I haven't noticed any belt dust, but that is my suspicion that it is slipping and the dust is collecting in the belt. Would this tensioner help with this problem, or is it more oriented solving the issue of the on/off power from shifting at the dragstrip? Thanks!

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I've run into an issue on my car. I've got a 10% IW lower and a 2.59 upper with a gates green belt (don't remember the size) I replaced the stock idler with one of your 90mm idlers after I noticed belt dust following a couple of trips to the drag strip. After I do extended periods of high speed driving (5th gear redline-6th gear speeds), my supercharger belt chirps constantly (verified by spraying MAF cleaner on the belt while car was idling). I haven't noticed any belt dust, but that is my suspicion that it is slipping and the dust is collecting in the belt. Would this tensioner help with this problem, or is it more oriented solving the issue of the on/off power from shifting at the dragstrip? Thanks!

It's for high stress primarily. It's not a belt dust thing. Whether you race or not, the factory tensioner is mediocre at best. It's a great upgrade that everyone should do for peace of mind. But it's not a belt slip thing.

Users who are viewing this thread